Search for content in message boards

Ellwangen Displaced Persons Camp

Ellwangen Displaced Persons Camp

Posted: 15 Mar 2008 5:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Does anyone have any detailed information about Ellwangen DP camp, which was in Germany. My father was there from 1945 till 1947. He was Ukrainian and I know it was a camp for Ukrainians. Please do not send me info about general websites about DP camps, I have read them, all!! What I am looking for are people with specific knowledge, pictures or info about books that give very detailed information about Ellwangen. Considering it was such a large camp for Ukrainians, I can only find a few sentences about it here and there.Thanks for reading this. Olya K

Re: Ellwangen Displaced Persons Camp

Posted: 13 Feb 2009 12:37AM GMT
My wife is Alexandra (Lesia) Lenyszyn, she and her brother Bodhan were born in Ellwangen after the war. Her parents were John Lenyszyn and Anna Smykawczuk. They came to the USA in August 1949. My wife and her brother were too young to have many memories about the camp and their parents did not discuss it. John Lenyszyn died in 2003, Anna died in 1965.

Posted: 1 Jun 2009 1:50AM GMT
Surnames: Dziubinsky,Szcerba
My in-laws were at the Ellwangen DP camp. They are Peter Dziubinsky and Anna Szcerba. They were married at the camp. They are both alive today, although Anna has no memory of that time because of health reasons. I am now doing a life history of them both. Any information would be helpfull. I have a few photos from the camp, their wedding picture, a few pictures of the kitchen staff, which Anna was a part of. Thanks Walt

Posted: 5 Sep 2010 7:08PM GMT
Surnames: Korotitsch
My father's family was in the camp. Iwan Korotitsch, his wife Anna and their children Micheal and Maria. I'm not sure how long they were there. I have photos dated 1947.

Posted: 6 Sep 2010 12:14PM GMT
Hello there
Thankyou for your mail.
I am interested in any information about Ellwangen and the dp's there.
Do you want to give me your email and I can send you info I have in return?

Thanks = Olya

Posted: 7 Sep 2010 1:17AM GMT
Surnames: Korotitsch
I'm not sure I have much information. My father just passed away and we're going through his old papers, letters, photos etc. I'd be happy to pass along anything that might be helpful. My email is wjkoroti@gmail.com

Posted: 24 Jun 2012 11:06PM GMT
I was born at Elwangen in 1947 and we emmigrated to America in late 1949. I have a few pictures of my Dad ( passed away 1996) he was camp security. I will borrow them from my Mom and scan them in assuming she can find them. My Mom who is still alive mentioned a demonstration against Operation Keelhaul the Forced Repatriation of former "citizens" of the USSR. This travestty against Ukrainians is barely recorded in history. Lke that is a big surprise !

Spelling of surname at that time was Matijasz now Matiash

Posted: 26 Jun 2012 7:11PM GMT
Hello
Lovely surprise to hear from you and thank you. My father was at Ellwangen and emigrated to the UK in 1949. He too passed away many years ago. I was born in the UK.
If you could get in touch with me on following email that would be lovely. Any info/photos about the camp would be lovely: rcgratton@yahoo.co.uk
Kind Regards
Olya

Posted: 4 Aug 2012 10:00PM GMT
Hello,

I, too, was born in 1947 at the Ellwagen Displaced Persons Camp. I do not know who my father was. My mother would not tell me. I do know he was a policeman (or security.
His name was Michael Olenjik or Oleniuk. Would your mother know who he was?

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sandra

Posted: 4 Aug 2012 10:03PM GMT
I would be happy to receive anythin you have regarding this camp. Thank you.

surbansky@aol.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions