Search for content in message boards

Kriegler/Trummer connection - Omaha 1930 and prior

Kriegler/Trummer connection - Omaha 1930 and prior

Posted: 22 Feb 2003 5:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Feb 2003 11:48AM GMT
Surnames: Kriegler, Trummer
I am looking for assistance in learning about Mary Kriegler, nee Trummer, from Omaha, NE. She is noted in my great grandfathers obituary (St. Paul, MN 1933) as his sister. My great grandfather is Mathias Trummer and emigrated in about 1880. I have been unable to trace where he emigrated from, but know that he was German speaking. I am hoping that someone knows more about Mary, so that I may learn more about the Trummer family.

There is a Mary Kriegler in the 1930 census, who is a few years older than my great grandfather, and who emigrated also in 1880.
Douglas County, ED 66 p. 15 - appears to be on Atlas Street. Any info anyone? with thanks.

Re: Kriegler/Trummer connection - Omaha 1930 and prior

Jody Kriegler (View posts)
Posted: 22 Feb 2003 10:22PM GMT
Edited: 23 Feb 2003 11:51AM GMT
Surnames: Kriegler, Trummer, Trummu, Grudl, Grudel, Graf
Hi - My name is Jody Kriegler. Can you tell me any more about Mary or any of the other Kriegler's that she was related to? There are two or three Kriegler families in the Omaha area. Based on the fact that the address you referred to was Atlas, I'm not sure you are from the same Kriegler line that I have been researching, but I have run across some information on two separate families. I'll look through my records and see what I have. Was the Atlas address 1023 Atlas? In the 1945 directory it showed: Mary (wid Micheal), r 1023 Atlas

Interesting thing, however, my husband's gg grandmother's, Elizabeth Grudel (Grudl) Graf, mother's maiden name was Trummer or Trummu (hard to read on the death certificate). Her daughter, Mary, married Stephen Kriegler. Maybe there's a connection somewhere.

Mary Krieger (b, abt 1856- d. aft 1933) - Omaha 1930 census [1023 Atlas address]

Trummer (View posts)
Posted: 22 Feb 2003 10:54PM GMT
Edited: 30 Nov 2012 1:44PM GMT
Surnames: Krieger, Kriegler, Trummer
Thanks for your reply. I'm sorry to say that I'm grasping at straws. As I mentioned the only info I have is from my g-grandfathers obit naming Mary Kriegler of Omaha as his sister.

Combing the 1930 census (at 1023 Atlas) is a Mary Krieger who is 74 years old. In 1933, when my grandfather died, he was 72.
This Mary would have been 77 at that time. She is the only elder Krieger I found in Omaha, being born around 1856.

Very curious about your Mary and Stephen though...this sounds like a better fit. Is the time frame the same? Mathias was born in Oct. of 1862, was German speaking, emigrated in 1880 to St. Paul....do you know when this Mary emigrated? Was she married at the time?

Thanks. Terry

trummer@optonline.net

Richard Thell (View posts)
Posted: 28 Feb 2003 2:18AM GMT
I posted what I thought was a reply to your message, but it ended up as an independent message. Check out the Trummer/Thell message post on February 12.

Terry Trummer (View posts)
Posted: 1 Mar 2003 7:35PM GMT
Surnames: Trummer
Hi - Didn't find a posting on the 12th but did view the info about Father Trummers Father....I will certainly keep looking for a connection although right now I only have info on a Mary Trummer....and very little at that. (I also have a hard time thinking of any of my family being in the clergy!) Thanks. Terry

Gurdle/Trummer connection - contact person

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 7:54PM GMT
Edited: 30 Nov 2012 1:33PM GMT
Surnames: Trummer, Grudle, Grutel,
I was looking at your answer to the other persons question, and found that I am related to your Krieglers!! Elizabeth Grudle that married Martin Graff was my Gr Gr Grandfathers sister. My Great Grandfather was John Grutel (Grudle), and there was also another brother that was the oldest, Joseph Grudle that lived in Mills County Iowa. I have been in touch with that part of the family for years, and have all of their information. Their mother was Elisabeth Trummer, and from what I understand were from St Johann, Austria/Hungary. Elisabeth married Josef Grudle, had Joseph & Elizabeth, then Josef Sr. died, and she married his younger brother John (who is my Gr Gr Gr Grandfather!! :-)

Re: Gurdle/Trummer connection - contact person

Posted: 2 Jan 2013 8:48PM GMT
This is great and exciting news! I don't know what took me so long to see your post....Sorry...Can't wait to do a bit more research. Terry

Re: Gurdle/Trummer connection - contact person

Posted: 2 Jan 2013 8:50PM GMT
btw - do you have elisabeth trummer's birthdate?

Posted: 2 Jan 2013 9:06PM GMT
Jody - Would it be possible for you to send me a copy of elisabeth's death certificate? Yes, I know it's been a while!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions