Search for content in message boards

White/Waldon

Posted: 3 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Sep 2006 2:07AM GMT
Surnames: White, Waldon
Hello,

I am looking for information about George White who married Laura Waldon and may have lived in the Caton area around 1850/1860. They had a daughter, Mary, who married John Pendleton around 1866. Mary, according to various relatives, was a Native American. I am trying to confirm this.

WHITE/WALDEN

Posted: 4 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jan 2002 12:31AM GMT
Surnames: WALDEN
Sounds like your Laura Walden is related to the Waldens of Caton but could you give me more information such as when/where she was born, married, relatives or siblings names. Hope to hear from you.
Sharon
Posted: 6 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 13 Sep 2006 2:07AM GMT
Surnames: White, Walden
Dear Sharon,

I don't have anymore information about Laura. I just found out though, that her name may have been Lucy. Laura/Lucy's daughter, Mary, was my g-g-grandmother. To add to the confusion, one source I have, states that Mary was born in Caton,NY in February 1850. Another source says she was born in February 1849 in Pennsylvania.

Do you know if any of the Waldens from Caton were Native Americans.

Thanks

Donna

Laura Walden

Posted: 7 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jan 2002 12:31AM GMT
Surnames: Walden
Hi Donna,
I descend from John Walden of Caton. I have not come across your Laura/Lucy White and am most interested in finding out more about her and how she might tie into the Caton Waldens. Did Laura/Lucy White and husband live in the Caton area? No proof of NA ancestry. Only stories that have been passed down to me by relatives. Would love to exchange stories thru email.
I don't have my Walden stuff with me. Just moved and still have a lot of stuff that hasn't been moved here yet so can't give specifics on that family.
Hope to hear from you,
Sharon

Re: White/Waldon

Posted: 10 Jan 2012 2:48AM GMT
Edited: 10 Jan 2012 2:52AM GMT
Surnames: White Birdsall Dean Switzer Cook Waldon English
I have Laura Waldon (1817-1866) who married a George E White in Scio NY. Laura Waldon's father was shown to be a Native American Walden. Her Mother is listed as Jane English, father Thomas English. This may or may not be same folks. Have been looking for years for my Native American relatives. My grandfather Clinton Barber White, son of James Howard White Jackie White

Re: White/Waldon

Posted: 4 Dec 2012 9:52PM GMT
Surnames: White/Waldon/Switzer/Birdsall/Dean/Niles
I have a Laura Waldon born in NY about 1817, d 13 MAr 1866. Laura was married to George E White, born 1812, NY, d 25 May 1884. This Laura Waldon's father, was shown to have been a Native American, John Waldon. When I reread your post, I can remember years ago seeing a photograph of my grandfathers family with a Native American women. This is the first I have heard of any mention of her. Would like to exchange notes if you would like to contact me. Thanks so much. Jackie White
per page

Find a board about a specific topic