Search for content in message boards

Tanners in Cork Co. Ireland

Tanners in Cork Co. Ireland

Ken Tanner (View posts)
Posted: 6 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Tanner, Carthy
Looking for any info. I have a James Tanner born 1864, left Bandon 1885 to come to Canada. Parents were Benjamin Tanner and Anne Carthy.

Tanners from Bandon area

Posted: 2 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jul 2001 3:14AM GMT
Hi Ken, I have some Tanners who lived near Bandon, actually just a few miles west of there. To see my info:

http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=SHOW&...

or also check the Haggerty site for Tanner surname (Mary/Molly Haggertie m William Tanner):

http://www.execulink.com/~haggerty/Family/

These people are probably related to yours, but how is the challenge!!

Re: Tanners in Cork Co. Ireland

Posted: 14 Mar 2002 1:49AM GMT
Edited: 7 Jun 2002 3:23AM GMT
Surnames: Tanner
Mary Ann Tanner left Bandon in 1863 for Australia where she settled in Melbourne. Her parents were William Tanner and Mary Duke. I believe she had a brother William. She would have been born in about 1845. Please let me know if there is a possibility of a link.
Jane

ken tanner (View posts)
Posted: 15 Mar 2002 11:23PM GMT
Hi Jane,

Thank you for the reply, however I don't think there
is any link.Maybe there were cousins. Do you know of any
one named Jonas or Anne.

Regards, Ken

Posted: 26 Mar 2002 4:20AM GMT
Edited: 7 Jun 2002 3:23AM GMT
Dear Ken,
Sorry, those names don't belong to me. good luck, Jane

Posted: 6 Aug 2002 1:09PM GMT
Edited: 6 Aug 2002 2:25PM GMT
Surnames: Tanner
Urgently seeking information on Richard Tanner (from Bandon Co. Cork) now deceased and on his son George and any possible descendants. George may have studied medicine. They lived in Flushing Meadows and in Astoria though may have moved to California.

Richard left Cork in Ireland in 1919. I believe he landed in August of that year in New York on the "Tuscarora" which sailed from Manchester.

We are direct descendants of Benjamin Tanner and Anne Carthy. Please get in touch. Best wishes,

Miriam O'Callaghan
Tel: 353 1 272 2020 or 353 86 811 0571

Posted: 11 Feb 2007 10:29PM GMT
Surnames: tanner
Have baptism record for Benjamin Tanner, son of Jonas and Ellen--bap 28 Mar 1840, Ballymodan parish, Bandon, county Cork. Also many other Tanner records from parish registers.

To contact me: smhaggerty at canada.com

Posted: 27 Oct 2009 7:45PM GMT
Surnames: McCarthy, Tanner
Ken,
I have info on Benjamin Tanner who married Anne McCarthy (1861, Kilbrogan) Benjamin's father was Jonas (B 1807) and mother was Ellen Hatlanan) contact me at Ian_moore@verizon.net
Ian

Posted: 27 Oct 2009 7:48PM GMT
I have info on a Benjamin Tanner who married an Anne McCarthy in Kilbrogan Co. Cork 8/15/1861. Benjamine's father was Jonas and they had a son also called Benjamin.
Please contact me at ian_moore@verizon.net.
Ian

Re: Tanners in Cork Co. Ireland - See Web Site

Posted: 8 Dec 2009 12:51PM GMT
Edited: 15 Jan 2013 2:40AM GMT
Surnames: Tanner, Moore, McCarthy, Murray, Heaslip, Webb, Nagle, Wren, O'Connner(All Co Cork) Barr (Co Down)
I have put together a lot of data on the Tanners and on other families from the Bandon/Cork area. Please check out the data at http://moorecs.com/Family/Welcome.html and if you can add to this information please contact me at ian_moore@verizon.net.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions