Search for content in message boards

Schermanns from Deutsch-Geresdorf

Schermanns from Deutsch-Geresdorf

Joseph Schermann (View posts)
Posted: 19 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Schermann
The Schermann side of my family came to America around 1870, from a village near the Hungarian border (perhaps near Salmonsdorf) called Deutsch-Geresdorf. Does anyone know how close to Vienna it is, or have any knowledge of Schermanns remaining in that region?

Schermann in Deutsch Gerisdorf

Fritz Königshofer (View posts)
Posted: 21 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Deutsch Gerisdorf is in middle to southern Burgenland, near Lockenhaus. It is not really close to Vienna. Salmannsdorf is indeed another neighbor village of Deutsch-Gerisdorf.

Check out the Austrian on-line phone directory at www.etb.at and enter Schermann as name, and Deutsch Gerisdorf as place, and you will find quite a few Schermanns who still live in the village.

You need to touch base with the Burgenland Bunch, a web-based support group interested in the Burgenland. The bb's homepage is at http://www.spacestar.com/users/hapander/burgen.html

Check their member list and you will find several people who search the name Schermann, among them members with family roots in Deutsch Gerisdorf.

Re: Schermanns from Deutsch-Geresdorf

Posted: 20 Feb 2013 7:46AM GMT
Surnames: Schermann, Koller, Wurzer
I also have Schermann ancestry from Deutsch-Geresdorf as well as relations from Lockenhaus and Glashuiten. When I visited the area some years back, I was actually looking for Kollers and Wurzers and that is when I discovered the Schermann relationship. I visited the church yards and cemetaries in each of those villages. I do not know if there are Schermann relatives still living in the area, but I did notice many graves with that name at, I believe, the Deutsch-Geresdof cemetary.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions