Search for content in message boards

Schermanns from Deutsch-Geresdorf

Schermanns from Deutsch-Geresdorf

Joseph Schermann (View posts)
Posted: 19 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Schermann
The Schermann side of my family came to America around 1870, from a village near the Hungarian border (perhaps near Salmonsdorf) called Deutsch-Geresdorf. Does anyone know how close to Vienna it is, or have any knowledge of Schermanns remaining in that region?

Schermann in Deutsch Gerisdorf

Fritz Königshofer (View posts)
Posted: 21 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Deutsch Gerisdorf is in middle to southern Burgenland, near Lockenhaus. It is not really close to Vienna. Salmannsdorf is indeed another neighbor village of Deutsch-Gerisdorf.

Check out the Austrian on-line phone directory at and enter Schermann as name, and Deutsch Gerisdorf as place, and you will find quite a few Schermanns who still live in the village.

You need to touch base with the Burgenland Bunch, a web-based support group interested in the Burgenland. The bb's homepage is at

Check their member list and you will find several people who search the name Schermann, among them members with family roots in Deutsch Gerisdorf.

Re: Schermanns from Deutsch-Geresdorf

Posted: 20 Feb 2013 7:46AM GMT
Surnames: Schermann, Koller, Wurzer
I also have Schermann ancestry from Deutsch-Geresdorf as well as relations from Lockenhaus and Glashuiten. When I visited the area some years back, I was actually looking for Kollers and Wurzers and that is when I discovered the Schermann relationship. I visited the church yards and cemetaries in each of those villages. I do not know if there are Schermann relatives still living in the area, but I did notice many graves with that name at, I believe, the Deutsch-Geresdof cemetary.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic