Search for content in message boards

obist for surname PELLEY

obist for surname PELLEY

Posted: 3 Feb 2010 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: PELLEY
I would like to obtain the obituaries for two Pelley family members from the Columbus Dispatch. The first is for LURA PELLEY, whose obit appeared in the Dispatch on Tuesday Dec. 1, 1981 on page 5B. The other obit I'm seeking is for Mrs. CARRIE V. PELLEY, whose obituary apppeared in the Columbus Dispatch on Tuesday March 1, 1955 on page 18A and also on Monday Feb. 28, 1955 on page 8A.

Re: obits for surname PELLEY

Posted: 5 Feb 2010 9:30PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: Pelley
I've attached two PELLEY items from the Dispatch. Due to restrictions on the number of obits that I can request, I did not request the one for Carrie Pelley that appeared on Feb 28, 1955 as it is more than likely simply a death notice similar to the one for Lura Pelley.
Attachments:

Posted: 6 Feb 2010 3:02AM GMT
Surnames: PELLEY
Leona,

Thank you so much for the two Pelley obituaries. This is the beginning of my foray into my husband's side of the family. Fortunately, some of his family moved from West Virginia, where they are still putting data online, to Ohio, which has many good online and on the ground resources! The obituary for Carrie provided me with still other names to pursue. Many thanks.

Posted: 13 Jan 2013 7:49PM GMT
Hi my maiden name was Pelley. My Dad was Paul Pelley and he was born in W.Va. and lived in Ohio. His parents were Charles and Goldie Pelley. Farther back are a number of James Pelleys that were ministers.Does any of this sound familiar to you? My Dads brothers and sisters were edward barbara . Cant remember the rest right now.

Posted: 15 Jan 2013 11:28PM GMT
Yes, this family is related to my husband's line(his paternal grandmother was Mary Vance Pelley Johnston). His grandparents compiled a massive chart, which I have and most of the information has been put on ancestry.com. If you're interested, I can send you a copy of the chart. Let me know.

Posted: 15 Jan 2013 11:57PM GMT
I Would be extremely grateful if you would send it to me.Thank you so much for offering it.I wish I had an ancestry membership I could do so much more research then.

Posted: 20 Jan 2013 5:18AM GMT
Is this emai OK to attach the chart to? My email is sjohnston77@msn.com. Shirley Johnston

Posted: 20 Jan 2013 2:12PM GMT
yes, you can attach it to that email addy.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions