Search for content in message boards

Cronin, Inchigeela Cork?

Cronin, Inchigeela Cork?

ron cronin (View posts)
Posted: 6 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: cronin

Pat O'Leary B.Inchigeela, Co.Cork 1825 to Cornelius Leary & Julia Cronin m. 2Mar1824, brother of Jemeriah b. 19Aug1827.
Brother Jemeriah was my GGF.mar. Mary Healy,had daughter Ellen (my GM)b.1860's Inchigeela Cork,Ireland d. Brookline,MA. 1943 mar.James Richard Cronin b 1853(my GF)d. 1912 Boston. Brother of James, Denis b 1856 d Boston abt 1899 and Richard b. 1872 d Boston 1895. Ellen (O'Leary) Cronin & James R. Cronin had Helen 1888,____,May,Agnus, Louise,____,Frank, James J.1906 (my father.)

Followups

Cronins from Inchlgeelagh

Rose (View posts)
Posted: 9 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Cronin
I am looking for info on a James J. Cronin b.1 Mar 1846 Baptized 8 Mar 1846 in village of Inchlgeelagh. His parents were farmers and James came to USA as a youth. The family settled in Illinois. James married Anna Zenner in 1874 at DeKalb, IL. The couple late migrated to LeMars, Iowa. Do you have anyone in your research that matches these people. Hope to find James' parents and the year they immigrated.

Cronin,Mahoney,Hurley,IL

Posted: 27 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 2:38AM GMT
Surnames: Cronin, Mahoney, Mahony, Hurley, Herlihy, Regan, Scott
Do you know if your CRONINs have any connection to a James or Jeremiah CRONIN who was the police chief of Lake Geneva, WI?
In the late 1870's, my ggf Cornelius MAHONEY and one of his sons "lived with relatives" named CRONIN &/or HERLIHY or HURLEY in northern IL for a few years. They were joined by my ggm Margaret REGAN and the rest of the family in about 1882, and had IL-born twins whose baptismal sponsors were named HOLIAN, BURKE, and CALLAGHAN.
Important: In Ireland, Cornelius and several of their children had been baptized in Inchigeelagh RC Church, Co. Cork.
Part of that time the MAHONEYs were in Richmond, McHenry Co.IL, but I am not sure that was the only northern IL county that they lived in.
Please contact me if you know of any connection between your CRONINs and any of the above or following surnames: HURLEY, HERLEHY, HERLIHY, REGAN, REAGAN, MAHONEY, MAHONY, O'MAHONEY, SCOTT, KILLIAN, KILRAIN, COHAN, or KEOHANE. And/or, if you have any Irish connection to Philadelphia, PA, or Walworth, Rock or Fond du Lac counties WI.
Happy to exchange info or elaborate on any of this,
Barb Glassel

Re: Cronin connection

Beth Nikolic (View posts)
Posted: 9 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Cronin
I have found some info in my "cronin" search that may be related to your quest. It is a family "group sheet" on rootsweb.com of Jeremiah Cronin(b.1797)/Mary McCarthy(b.1805). One of their children was named Cornelius(b.1831)and died near Lake Geneva, Wi(date not give) and married someone named Mary (around 1846). My mother's maiden name is Cronin. Her father was John Cronin and his father was James Cronin (1865-1921)son of Jeremiah Cronin and Margaret Sullivan (both born in Ireland)who I think may have been the son on this Jeremiah Cronin I mentioned above.

Cronin-Herlihy

Posted: 10 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 4:21PM GMT
Surnames: Cronin, Herlihy
Prob no connection here, but you never know! My great-grandfather, John Herlihy b.?,place?,d.1901 Pitts,Pa., married Hannah Cronin,d.1937,Pitts,Pa..John and Hanna had three daughters that I know of all born in Pitts,Pa... my grandmother, Elizabeth "Herlihy" Obringer, and my great aunts, Martha (Molly)"Herlihy" Crawford, and Catherine (Aunt Kate) Herlihy.. My aunt says our Cronins are fm Ohio..and that our Herlihys originated from County Cork, Ire..I haven't had much success in tracking the Herlihy or Cronin line. They are all (with the exception of Molly)interned at Calvery Cem in Pitts, Pa..The cemetary records show a Johanna Herlihy as having purchased the plots.

Herlihy-Cronin

Daniel E.Herlihy (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Herlihy
My great-greatgrandfather, John Herlihy who came from Cork married Mary Broderick in Chillicothe,Ohio in 1857.They had seven children. One daughter, Ellen, born in 1869, married Daniel Patrick Cronin in 1898 in Chillicothe. He died in 1936 and she lived until 1965. They had six children. One of their sons may live in Detroit. I do not know of any connection with Pennsylvania and have no information about D.P.Cronin.

Re: Cronin,Mahoney,Hurley,IL

Posted: 12 Jul 2001 1:29AM GMT
Edited: 17 Aug 2001 1:00AM GMT
Surnames: Cronin, Sweeney, Hurley
I have a Winifred Cronin who married Michael Hurley (b.1799)
emigrated to US through Canada. Their daughter, Ellen married Edward Sweeney. They worked for the railroads. Edward was killed at a young age while working in Vermont. According to my grandmother, many of the Hurleys and their relatives came at the same time. Jerry Cronin had a wife, Mary, he was Winifred's brother. Their were McCarthy's, Hollands, Cocorans and O'Learys.

roncronin (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jul 2001 11:35AM GMT
Surnames: Cronin, Oleary
Can you provide any Cronin, Oleary connection? I have James Cronin b. 1853 mar. to Ellen Oleary in Boston last 1870's, c. Helen, May, Agnus, Alice,James, Frank. Ellen Oleary b. Inchigeela Cork, Ireland, fath. was Jem.Oleary b 1827 Inchigeela. James Cronin arriv. Boston before brothers Richard b 1880's, Denis b abt 1864 & m. a Mary both buried at New Calv. Cem,Boston. James father was Richard & Betty Cronin.

Posted: 12 Jul 2001 2:48PM GMT
Edited: 17 Aug 2001 1:00AM GMT
Surnames: Cronin, Hurley, O'Leary
No, I only have a Hurley who married both an O'Leary and then a Cronin. They were from that same part of Ireland.

Re: Cronin-Herlihy

Posted: 9 Dec 2001 5:08PM GMT
Edited: 2 Mar 2002 4:02PM GMT
I also have a Herlihy - Cronin family line. My Herlihy, Patrick came to Boston in 1848 and married a Ann Cronin. Both were from County Cork. Ann Cronins father was Daniel and mother was Johanna (Buckley)Cronin. Patrick and Ann had several children, Mary Ann, Michael, Johanna, Patrick, Elizabeth and possibly more all born in Lynn, MA - any connection?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic