I live in Toccoa, Georgia. Was Born in
Salem, S.C. My father is Ray Hopkins,
Grandfather was Thomas (Tom) Hopkins.
Grandmother was Mary Louise Lay.
Do you have anyother information

Hopkins in Georgia

Posted: 29 Mar 2001 5:06PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jan 2002 1:23AM GMT
Hi!I am looking for Hopkins in GA that came from NC and Maryland. Moses Hopkins was buried at Mars Hill Baptist Church in Hall Co. I believe . (My gggg-grandparents , born around 1770-1775) This set of Hopkins had descendants that went to Mississippi. And this descendant came back to Georgia.I live in the Cartersville area. Maybe there is a connection somewhere. I looked to see if any of the names were in my index, but could not find any that matched but I surely don't have all of them.. Keep in touch , maybe with both searching we will find something. My e-mail is bmiddl4007@aol.com.
The sixth letter is an L.

Hopkins in GA

Ray Hopkins (View posts)
Posted: 30 Mar 2001 12:46PM GMT
I have just started my Hopkins family search.
I came from South Carolina. All of my relatives that I know of are from S.C. It is
possible that they came from North Carolina
earlier.

Re: Hopkins in Georgia

Posted: 22 Nov 2001 1:06AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 May 2002 3:12PM GMT
Surnames: HOPKINS, BERRY, HARKINS, VOSS
Barbara, I am looking for Parents & siblings of EMMA CARYLON HOPKINS who married HENRY CRANFORD "CRAN" BERRY in mid 1890's
They live in Cornelia, Habersham Co. GA and had 10 children.
I think her mother's maiden name was VOSS OR VAAS and she was from Holland. I cannot find out where she was from. Hall Co. is just south of Habersham Co in North GA.
If you find anything, it will be much appreciated. Thanks
MH

Re: Hopkins in GA

Posted: 24 Nov 2001 12:08AM GMT
Edited: 22 Jan 2002 1:23AM GMT
Hi! I am not to good at looking at the message board. But as to Hopkins- My Hopkins were Dennis (early 1700's),Moses ( 1760;) , Samuel ( 1793), from Randolph , NC. Samuel's children moved to MS in the 1800's However , Oconee County is not to far from Habershan and Hall counties where there were some Hopkins. My e-mail is bmiddl4007@aol.com. We may dig up some connections.
Posted: 6 Jun 2002 11:23PM GMT
I am searching for Tom Hopkins, b:1910?. His parents were Joseph Hopkins (born 10/18/1868 in Otto,NC) & Francis Savannh Wilbanks (born 01/14/1881). They were married in Walhall, SC & later moved to Otto, NC. There were 11 brothers & sisters. I have some info on them. They lived in & around NC, SC & GA.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic