Search for content in message boards

Moody/Attwood families of Kent

Moody/Attwood families of Kent

Posted: 17 Dec 2009 6:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
related to Annie (nee Heath) Moody, born London, she married a William Moody in Swanscombe, Kent, and wrote to our family from Portman House, Lisson Grove, Marylebone in 1925. My grandfather did not receive the letter at that time. Trying to find her history or descendants of her children William James, Frederick, Emily Alberta Moody.
Searching for the Gilbert Robert Edgar Attwood family history, of Kent, he was married to Doris Vera Heath of Swanscombe Kent in 1932.

Re: Moody/Attwood families of Kent

Posted: 17 Dec 2009 8:02PM GMT
Surnames: Maurice Henry
Gilbert Robert Edgar Attwood amrried Doris Vera Heath
Dec 1932 Datrford

Gilbert R.E. born Sep 1909 Strood 2a 695

1911 census
Gilbert Henry Attwood 24 b. Eynsham Oxford
Elizabeth Martha 22 b. Northfleet
Gilbert R.E. 1
Maurice Henry 5mths
both born Northfleet

Gilbert Henry married Elizabeth Martha Constant Sep 1908 Strood 2a 1358

Posted: 18 Dec 2009 3:58AM GMT
Hi Peggy, thank yu, this is the right family. Parents both died in Swanscombe. Gilbert REE is obviously Gilbert Robert Edgar. Any other information ? Janice

Posted: 18 Dec 2009 1:30PM GMT
Sorry about the spelling pressed the wrong keys

Gilbert R.E. is right.

Posted: 18 Dec 2009 3:12PM GMT
I am wondering if you noticed an address on the 1911 census. Thanks, Janice

Posted: 20 Dec 2009 9:13AM GMT
Surnames: Attwood
Hello Janice

Some info for you regarding your reply;

Swanscombe Parish Church St Peter & St Paul baptism of

Doris vera Heath Nov " 1910 dau of George William & Barbara
Mary Jane Heath of $ Herbert Road Swanscombe a talley clerk.

Galley Hill Church Swanscombe Marriage of

George William Heath 19 bach talley clerk lived Gorsham Terrace Swanscombe.Father William Heath weighing clerk

Barbara Mary Jane Orsbourn 19 spins same address father was a John Orsbourn Balliff (Farm)

wits Fredeick Orsbourn & Ada Heath.

When i come across some more info i will let you know

Regards John

Posted: 20 Dec 2009 3:21PM GMT
Surnames: Attwood
Hi again

Swanscombe Church baptism of a Patricia Maureen Attwood on Augst 20th 1933 born June 7th 1933 dau of Gilbert Henry and Doris Vera Attwood of Stanley Road Swanscombe a laborer.

Same Church marriage November 5th 1932 of the following;

Gilbert robert edgar Attwood 23 bach mechanic 32 London Road Swanscombe father Gilbert Henry Attwood mechanic

Doris Vera Heath 22 spins 4 Herbert Road Swanscombe father
George William Heath

Wits Maurice Henry and Evelyn martha ellen Attwood.

Burial of Robert Attwood aged 66 yrs of38 Taunton Road Northfleet died November 8th 1913 buried Nov 13th also his wife Jane Attwood of 59 Mauritius Street Greenwich SE 10
died October 7th 1929 buried Oct 13th.

According to the 1881 census they both were born in Eynsham Oxfordshire.

Hope this info helps you.

Regards John

Posted: 31 Jan 2010 3:10PM GMT
Surnames: Heath/Attwood families of Swanscombe
Thanks to Peggy and John for the researched information. Sorry I did not pick up the later messages till now.
If anyone out there is actually in Gravesend or Swanscombe, I am wondering if George Heath's burial place is marked (Doris Vera Heath's father). I do know he was buried in Swanscombe (12 Oct 1957) and the grave no.
Janice

Posted: 15 Feb 2010 7:46PM GMT
Regarding Patricia Attwood, is there a marriage around 1955 ?
This would certainly help.
I am also researching William James Moody or Moodey (as on death certificate but not census) family. Married to Annie Alberta nee Heath in Kent.
Wife Annie A. Moody or Moodey went to London most likely to work, after his death in 1903. I cannot locate her on the 1911 census.
She wrote to us in 1925 from Marylebone, and died in Paddington in the early 1930's.
I am looking for her descendants, she had four children on the 1901 census in Kent. One daughter was Emily Alberta Moody who married to a Mitchell. thanks to anyone with info.

Posted: 20 Apr 2013 2:33AM GMT
Surnames: Heath, Burton, Attwood,
I would like to contact a George William Heath descendant (b. 1880, Swanscombe) for family history swap ,descendants who may have known surname Attwood or name Frank Baker (married a Heath) in their family tree. George's parents were William Heath and Harriet Burton, who went to Kent from Marylebone in the late 1800's.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions