Search for content in message boards

Trying to Connect Woods.

Trying to Connect Woods.

Posted: 24 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Aug 2002 4:11PM GMT
Surnames: Woods, McNamee
Trying to make connections with Woods from Armagh City and McNamee from Crossmaglen, Co; Armagh.

Connect Woods

Jean (View posts)
Posted: 8 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: WOODS, REID
I too am trying to connect with Woods in Co. Armagh but mine are from Portadown. WILLIAM JAMES WOODS married ANNE ELIZABETH REID/REED. Three of their children came to Canada in the late 1800's or early 1900's - William, Anne and Jemima - all settled in Ontario. My grandmother, Mamie (Jemima) was born 1885 and was the youngest of these three. I know they came from Portadown and that there were their parents and other siblings left there. Please let me know if these are connected to your Woods. Your link sounds very interesting!

Woods from Ireland to Ontario

Posted: 4 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Jul 2001 4:08PM GMT
Surnames: Woods, Runchey
I am trying to find info on my great-grandfather - William Woods - who emigrated from Ireland to Ontario in mid-to-late 1800s. He settled in Bruce County (Kincardine)Ontario, and married Elizabeth Runchey in the early 1870s. I do not know from where in Ireland he came and do not know any details of his ancestors. Any info on Woods families in Bruce Township of Bruce County Ontario would be appreciated.

Re: Trying to Connect Woods.

Posted: 10 Feb 2002 9:40PM GMT
Edited: 6 Apr 2002 1:38AM GMT
My gggrandfather was a McNamee from Co. Armagh.He was James d1845, married to Catherine Linnen d.1870. They were Catholic. Can you help me connect to these people? Thanks.

Posted: 10 Feb 2002 9:40PM GMT
Edited: 6 Apr 2002 1:38AM GMT
My gggrandfather was a McNamee from Co. Armagh.He was James d1845, married to Catherine Linnen d.1870. They were Catholic. Can you help me connect to these people? Thanks.

Posted: 16 Jun 2002 6:02PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jun 2003 7:45PM GMT
Surnames: woods /mc kenna
was one of your mc kennas married to woods as ive been told that there was a mc kenna married to woods. and that they came from monaghan

Re: Woods from Ireland to Ontario

Marion (View posts)
Posted: 13 Dec 2002 2:49AM GMT
Hello Ken.
I have a book on the history of Kincardine Township with families, property and some family history etc. There is a lot of info on William Woods and his family. If you have not found what you are looking for yet , I would be glad to send it to you.I am looking for info on David Woods who is somehow related to William.
Please answer to Jimar757@aol.com if interested.

Posted: 4 Jul 2003 6:50AM GMT
Surnames: Woods, Black, Weir, Fowler
I have been trying to locate any information on a William Clifford Thomas Woods. He is my grandfather, and have been having a lot of trouble, trying to lacate info. He may have been born in the kincardine area. He married Thelma Etoil Weir. They lived in Tobermory, Ontario. Apparently his mother died in childbirth and an aunt looked after him until he was about 2 and then was put in an orphanage. His mothers name may be either Mary or Maggie Black, possibly Indian. My mother is not sure as my grandfather did not have much information. Apparently the orphanage has burnt down and there are no records. He died in Jan 1958

R McNamee (View posts)
Posted: 3 Aug 2003 1:33AM GMT
Is this my own messsage of last year .It shows no author? I have exactly the same information

Posted: 28 Dec 2006 8:03PM GMT
Surnames: Weir, Hedger
Could you possibly lookup and see if you book on Kincardine has any information on Joseph Harvey Weir (1846-1920) or his wife Charlotte Hedger (c1863-1948)?

Joseph immigrated from Ireland, County Armagh. Joseph and Charlotte moved north to the Garden River district circa 1880.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions