Search for content in message boards

trying to find person plac or castle by this name

hartberger

Posted: 25 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Jul 2001 12:22PM GMT
There is a town Hartberg in Styria/Austria.
M. Pichler

trying to find person plac or castle by this name

Arnie Ray Hartberger (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hartberger
trying to find if there is castle in austria or was a
castle by the name of hartberger
and if there is a town by this name or land
and persons
any info about any of these subjects would be very helpful
to me

hartberger castle

hartberger (View posts)
Posted: 5 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: hartberger
trying to find out if there is are if there ever was a
castle by the name hartberger

Hardbarger

Posted: 21 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Apr 2002 3:51AM GMT
Surnames: Hartbarger, Hardbarger, Haarburger, Harbarger, Harberger
Our earliest ancestor was Daniel Hardbarger, born 1783 Va.,
of immigrant parents. We have always believed the family came from Germany, but now have my doubts. Cannot find entry of any Hardbargers into the country. The spelling could have been changed. During the Civil War our branch changed spelling to Hartbarger. Could the name be Austrian? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hartbarger

Posted: 2 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: hartbarger
Do you have any reference to where your family was from?
Am I to understand from your response that your family was from Austria?
Sandra

our

Isaac Harbarger (View posts)
Posted: 2 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Harbarger
our name is harbarger as far back in time is 1861 SW Pennsylvania which is Isaac the son of jackson harbarger any further info on jackson would be greatly appreciated

ancestry

Isaac Harbarger (View posts)
Posted: 22 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: harbarger
sandra i,m not sure i been trying to find this out. I did a search on the last name through ancestry .com and vorarlberg austria came up actually it said lower vorarlberg.so i,m trying to see if some out there know,s something ?

Harbarger, Hardbarger, et al

Posted: 27 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 1:45AM GMT
Surnames: Hartbarger, Hardbarger, Hernsberger, Harnsbarger
Our family always believed Harbarger was of German descent. However, Harbargers have been found in the Scotch-Irish Settlement in Virginia as early as 1795. Three Harbargers are found in the marriage bonds of August County, Virginia in that year: Abraham Harbarger who married Jane Vines and Susana Harberger daughter of Frederick Harbarger. Susana married William Dalton on August 3rd, 1795, and Abraham married Jane Vines on August 3, 1795, as well in the same city.

I think it's going to be interesting to see how this family originated on the eastern shores and then began its familial treks outward.

Jacob Harberger arrived 7 October 1749 on the ship Lesbie from Rotterdam, last from Cowes. Palletines from Mannheim and Zweibrucken. As found in Rupps 30,000 Immigrants to Pennsylvania.

A Peter Hardbarger is found in Roanoak, Va., in 1848.

Henry Hardbarger born in Va., is found in Indiana.

Peter Harbarger arrived on the Prince of Wales on 5 November 1764 from Rotterdam. So some of the Harbargers indeed were from Germany.
A William Harbarger is in the 1860 Vinton Co., Vinton Twp, Ohio, census on page 386, a farmer at age 60, with wife Sarah and six children: Elisa J., Frances, Phebe, Ellen, Joseph, and William. I neglected to put their birth states.

So like most families, the Harbargers traveled far and wide and made name changes as they went. There were Harshbargers, Hardbargers and Harbargers in our small county in Illinois; but we have been unable to connect them yet.

Happy hunting! If you find any information, please let me know at jjjsg@aol.com. Thanks! Jane Griffin

Re: Hardbarger

Posted: 5 Sep 2001 2:21AM GMT
I am son of Dallas D.Hardbarger-born jan 2,1908 in Ritchie Co WVA. Dallas:my father was born to Thomas Henry Hardbarger and Fanny(Mitchell) Hardbarger. Thomas and Fannie /Fanny had sons Clinton,Ernest,Glenn,George and my father Dallas. I am trying to find Country of origin-was always told German. How did you locate Daniel Hardbarger,born 1783 of immigrant parents? Thanks in advance for reply.

Re: Hardbarger

Posted: 7 Sep 2001 11:16AM GMT
We visited Dayton Tn where his g-g-grandfather was buried.
We were in the courthouse and this old fellow came up and asked who we were researching, when we told him, Rufus Hartbarger, he put our his hand and said "hi cousin". His mother was Nancy Hartbarger. He was the local geneologist, and had a lot of info on the family. It was so interesting to talk to him. He gave us a copy of his Hartbarger info. Our name changed from Hardbarger during the civil was.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions