Search for content in message boards

Jeremiah Hatch Murray

Jeremiah Hatch Murray

LeAna Lipari (View posts)
Posted: 2 Mar 2006 3:49AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jeremiah Hatch Murray
I have just found a very nice book on the family history of Jeremiah Hatch Murray..
There are many pictures and stories..
If you are on that line and would like the book, email me .
llipari@xmission.com
All I ask for is mailing costs...
LeAna...

Re: Jeremiah Hatch Murray

Glenda Madole (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jun 2006 5:05AM GMT
Dear LeAna:

Jeremiah Hatch Murray was the father of my grandmother, Mary Murray Beers. I knew from my mother that he had had two wives, and would be interested in knowing more about him and the life he led. I know my daughter would find it fascinating too.

Anyway, if you would please let me know how to acquire this book, I'd love to have a copy.

By the way, are you a descendant?

Thanks for your time.

Glenda R. Madole
Sammamish, Washington

Posted: 9 Sep 2006 4:31AM GMT
Edited: 9 Sep 2006 9:16PM GMT
i am a decendent of jeremiah hatch murray and are very interested in any info on my family history if anyone can send me a copy of the book mentioned i would be very greatful. I also have a family geneology book that was made in 1983 if anyone would like a copy.

Posted: 17 Jul 2007 8:45AM GMT
Mary Murray Beers

Which JHM? Father or son? Father had two wives through plural marriage the son had two wives due to death.

Do you know who was Mary's mother?

By the way, we have been doing a DNA genetics history on the Murray line, if you would like more information let use know. We have DNA samples from the Ward Murray (2nd child of JHM and Mary Ashby) and William Murray (9th child of JHM and Mary Ashby) line for geneology purposes. Some family members are also in a DNA research project with the University of Wisconsin Madison for Childhood Apraxia of Speech. If you would like more info contact Delene at djaques@relia.net--in the subject box be sure to put MURRAY Geneology

Posted: 12 Feb 2008 5:32PM GMT
Murray Family History

Compiled and Published by Descendants of Jeremiah Hatch Murray

Jeremiah Hatch Murray, son of John Murray and Sarah Bates was born July 11, 1844 in Lucerne Township, Monroe, County, Michigan.

John Murray came from Scotland in 1831 with the British Army, during the Canadian Border trouble. He soon left the British and joined the Americans. Sarah BAtes came from Ireland, year not known. While the family was livin in Monroe County, Michigan, Jeremiah Hatch, a Patriarch, came o their home as a Mormon missionary and converted John and Sarah to the Church. When their son was eleven days old, they were baptized, the baby blessed and named, Jeremiah Hatch Murray.

Posted: 24 Oct 2008 5:38PM GMT
Glenda Madole,

? I just have a question on your grandmother, her name was Mary Murray? and was she a daughter of JHM or granddaughter?

In the family history book: Murray Family History compiled and published by descendants of Jeremiah Hatch Murray. I only see a Mary Murray Merkley of JHM children. She is on page 155. Their are several grandchildren of JHM named: Mary Murray

On page 174 I have a Mary Catherine Murray born on June 4, 1901 in Vernal. Her parents were Mary Jane Hansen and Samuel Ashby Murray and she marred Milton Le Vene Beers on July, 19, 1921. She had four children:

Milton
Betty
Earl
Marjoie

Is this your family? or was it another Mary Murray. There is more than one?

If this is your line please e-mail me at djaques@relia.net so we can add you to the Private Murray website.

Take Care,

Delene Jenkins Jaques

Posted: 3 Oct 2013 1:16AM GMT
Hello Delene,

I am Glenda's daughter. Her grandmother was Mary Catherine Murray born in 1901 in Vernal.

I have a glass mug that her mother Mary Jane got at the 1901 World's Fair. It's red and clear glass, made to look like cut crystal though I'm pretty sure it's pressed glass; engraved with her name "Mary Murray" and the year "1901".

Sorry that I'm a few years late posting on this thread. :)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions