Search for content in message boards

Ward Family

Ward Family

Bryan Ward (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: ward, cassidy, callahan
I am looking for information on Owen Ward, born in County Meath Ireland around 1830, settled in Portage, WI, married Alice Cassidy and had 5 children: Owen Jr., George,John, Mary Ann-McCarty, and Kate-Couglin.
His son George married Margaret Callahan of Hudson,WI in the 1880s, they lived in Erin Prairie, WI. They had 8
children: Lawrence, Henry Thomas, William, James and Margaret, Mabel, and Rose.

re:Ward family

Posted: 6 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 3:30AM GMT
Surnames: McCarty, Callahan, Holland, Ward, Severson, Coughlin
I have information on the Ward family and its relation to the Mcarty,Callahan and Holland name in Erin Prairie,WI.I have a large collection of family history going back to Ireland,but no further.I would like any info that could help and will supply any that will help you.

ward family

Bryan P. Ward (View posts)
Posted: 7 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: ward, callahan
Thank you for your response. Since I posted the message I have made connact with a cousin of my father's Joe Earley of Woodbury, MN. He has done research on the Ward family and the Callahan family and forwarded it to my family. I am the grandson of William A. Ward, son of George F. Ward and Margaret A. Callahan. Joe Early is the grandson of Mabel A. Ward, sister of William A. Ward.
Joe Earley can be contacted at jpearls@email.msn.com

Re: re:Ward family

Posted: 10 Jul 2007 2:38AM GMT
I am looking for information on both the McCarty and Ward families from Erin Prairie. I am a descendent of Mary Ann Ward and and John Lawrence McCarty. I visited the cemetery in Erin Prairie and found many of the tombstones.

Re: re:Ward family

Posted: 25 Sep 2012 4:34AM GMT
Edited: 25 Sep 2012 4:35AM GMT
My wife is a descendant of Lawrence Ward, brother of Owen. After a lot of research, I have found out that the family came from the village of Rathescar Cross (now Rathescar Crossroads), in the parish of Dunleer, county of Louth, Ireland. Their father was George Ward, the mother Anne Maguire (spelled McGuire in a couple of U.S. records.) George was a gardener, he died on Jan. 15, 1840 in Rathescar Cross. George and Anne were married on November 2, 1819 in Dunleer. They supposedly had fourteen children, four of whom died in Ireland. The children that I know of are twins Bridget and Mary born 1820, probably died in Ireland; Patrick about 1821 or 22, Judith born 1823, Owen born 1825, Catherine born 1827, Anne, 1830, George 1832, Margaret 1833, John 1836, Lawrence 1838, and Phillip 1840. I do have baptismal transcriptions for some of them. George Ward is often listed in genealogies as George Frances Ward, I have not come across the "Frances" in any records, does anyone have a source for this?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic