Search for content in message boards

Charles and Regina (Gunselman) Buchholz

Charles and Regina (Gunselman) Buchholz

Posted: 2 Feb 2006 6:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for any information about the Charles and Regina Buchholz Family. They started out in Garden Plain, KS. My Grandfather was John Gregory Buchholz, b. 1918 d. 1979. He was one of Charles and Regina's 14 children. My Father is James Clarence Buchholz. I was just wanting to know if anyone could tell me Charles' parents names and when and where the Family immigrated from. Any thing you can tell me is greatly appreciated.

Re: Charles and Regina (Gunselman) Buchholz

Posted: 10 Apr 2006 8:53PM GMT
Charles and Regina were my grandparents. Ferdinand {the eldest son} was my father. I do know a bit about them. Are you a great grandson ? And I assume George is my late Uncle George and " Aunt Martha." Any specific questions I can help with? I am researching and trying to do family tree info. I know Sister Regina was working on the same.
Regina Eckhardt

Posted: 10 Apr 2006 8:58PM GMT
Also Charles parents names were Joseph Buchholz and Anna "Dressen" They came from Illinois to Kansas. Joseph was born in Dresden Germany and Anna was also born in Gemany. I don't recall the name if the town it was rather long. I am also trying to find the date they arrived in NY.

Nathan Buchholz (View posts)
Posted: 11 Apr 2006 4:48AM GMT
I am a great Grandson. My grandfather was Ferd's Brother John. My father is your cousin Jim. We have a Gunselman history book, but I was wondering more about the Buchholz side. My Grandmother Lois is pretty sick right now and she is not able to tell me much of the Buchholz History. She used to tell me stories of when the brothers all got together, but it is hard for her to breathe so she can't tell many stories anymore. I do not have any specific questions, I just want to know as much about the Family History as I can. Anything you tell me would be greatly appreciated.

Nathan Buchholz (View posts)
Posted: 11 Apr 2006 4:50AM GMT
The Name of the Town in Germany (Dresden) is good, thank you for that. If you find the date they came to NY please let me know. Thanks again.

Nathan

Regina Eckhardt (View posts)
Posted: 13 Apr 2006 4:49PM GMT
Nathan,
Charles and Regina were both born in the USA. Charles's father Joseph Peter Buchholz was born in Dresden Germany, and his wife Anna Dressen was born in Westphalia, Germany, I haven't found the date they arrived yet. I found a date of 1861 but have not verified it yet.
Charles Your Great Granfather was born in Stewart, Illinois in 1877.

Posted: 16 Sep 2007 9:21PM GMT
Surnames: Buchholz, Dressen
My great grandfather would be Charles' brother Joseph Buchholz(1875-1930).

Information I have is that Joseph Buchholz Sr was the only member of his family to come from Germany in 1869. Anna Dressen came with her parents Jacob and Sybilla also in 1869.

I would be interested in sharing more information.

Posted: 16 Sep 2007 10:13PM GMT
That is great to hear, I was told way back when that The original Buchholz came with his son and a nephew. But if he was the only one that makes some parts of the geneology easier to trace. Thanks and I would be interested in getting any info that you have.

Nathan

Posted: 17 Sep 2007 12:03AM GMT
My email is lisapr44@aol.com

I have information passed on to me from one of my mother's aunts, one of Joseph Buchholz Jr's daughters in the early 1980's. I've been working from there. You may have some of my missing pieces. I can send you what I have.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions