Search for content in message boards

Christian Family Geneology

Christian Family Geneology

Posted: 10 Apr 2000 10:23PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 3:59AM GMT
I am trying to find out the names of my great-grandparents
on my father's side. My grandfather was Howard Christian, who
I believe was born in Tenn. but lived most of his life in Harlan, Kentucky.
He married Dixie Gross who was the daughter of John B. Gross,
jailer of Harlan County in the 1930's 40's.

christian's in harlan, ky

Posted: 13 Apr 2000 6:17PM GMT
Edited: 7 Jul 2005 1:27AM GMT
hi, my name is carol
i'm getting more information on my side of the christian family, there maybe a link. i need to talk to my mother for some information.
please take my e-mail address-- D7ofus@aol.com
please exchange your address with me, so i can e-mail you personally on this.
here's a few names for you-- ggf charlie, grandfather adam, his wife mary north christian, children are--
della- died
charles- died
i have dates on these 2 people's death and where.
effie, levern,pauline,hiram,leroy christian.
keep in touch, thanks again, carol

CHRISTIANs of Harlan Co., KY

Posted: 16 Apr 2000 8:17PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 4:16PM GMT
Saw the two messages about the CHRISTIAN family of Harlan County, KY. My grandfather was Charles Allen CHRISTIAN, born 1/28/1897 in Grays, Knox Co., KY to William and Amanda (Vaughn) CHRISTIAN. Both William and Amanda were born in VA (according to 1910 Knox Co. KY census). I have not yet begun compiling history on the CHRISTIAN line; however, I do know that my grandfather had siblings named Sally (married a Blanton); Neal (was Deputy Sheriff of Harlan County); Harvey; Henderson (age 18 at 1910 census); Colson? (age 16 at 1910 census); John (age 7 ...); and Albert (age 4 ...). From what my mother tells me, Albert died in Dayton, OH. She also remembers a total of (8) children. My mom's sister's husband was telling me just this evening that two of my grandfather's brothers died in a dried-up well. However, he didn't know their names. My grandparents are buried in Resthaven Cemetery in Harlan, KY. I do have that publication if any of your relatives are buried there and I'd be happy to look up some names for you. Hope this helps ~ please let me know if we connect.

Christians of KY

nancy christian (View posts)
Posted: 17 Apr 2000 5:51PM GMT
to Donna Strong
Contact me direct. I can help you.
nancyachristian@juno.com

there's a connection somewhere

Posted: 19 Apr 2000 12:23PM GMT
Edited: 7 Jul 2005 1:27AM GMT
hi donna,
my name is carol.
my mother's name is -- pauline christian, her mother mary "north" christian married to adam christian. they lived in the wallinscreek, ky area in a holler..
there was a man that lived with them name bill ?
please e-mail me personally -- D7ofus@aol.com
my mother knows some brock's
my cousin was married to a tim taylor.
della mae "christian" queen is buried in resthaven cemetery, in harlan, she has 2 children-- sharon linda
check your records
thanks again , carol

Allen Christian

Lorene Christian Brock (View posts)
Posted: 12 Dec 2000 10:31PM GMT
Allen Christian is my uncle. His brother John is my father. Albert was another brother. He did die in Dayton, Ohio. He was married to Mable Hawn. My father John was married to Mable Middleton. There were
12 boys and one girl, Sally. E-Mail me at
lorene@pacifier.com. There is a lot of info I have gathered and a lot more I would like to have.

Re: Christians of KY

Posted: 24 Dec 2002 10:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Feb 2003 3:04AM GMT
HI Nancy:
Came across your name on the board this is in ref. to
Christian's of Harlan county Kentucky, I would like to get some info. on the chrisian's as I am from Harlan Kentucky.
I am back to 1176 on Christian but there are still some pieces missing. If you don't care you can e. mail me.

Vernon Christian

res0yhwx@verizon.net

Posted: 19 Feb 2003 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Green/Snead
My father is Robert Arlan Christian from Harland His father was Richard Christian Mother Katie Green Christian .Richards father was Mathew mother Ida Mae their childern were Richard/Charles/Lola/Abbie/Eva .Richards childern are Delena/Richard/Newa/Robert Arlan/Betrice/Thelma/BettyJane/BillyFredrick/Tommy Sue. Robert Arlan and Marilyn had five childern Cynthia/Edgar(Eddie)/Patricia Ann /Arlan/Bridget. would like to know more if you have anything about Mathew/any other member of this family

Posted: 19 Feb 2003 5:32PM GMT

Hi: Cynthia:

Cynthia, sorry but I, do not find these names pin
my line of Christian's.

Posted: 2 Mar 2003 1:02AM GMT
Surnames: Christian
01/Mar/03
18:52.50