Search for content in message boards

ANY COLBERTS FROM BRITAIN/FRANCE

ANY COLBERTS FROM BRITAIN/FRANCE

JENNIFER LORRAINE (View posts)
Posted: 30 Aug 2000 1:33AM GMT
I am Jennifer l Colbert, my family are from south wales Britain, my grandfather is a christopher james colbert from swansea south wales, i am looking for any relations in Britain, or France namely, but anyone interested in emailing me about their colbert names are also welcome!

FAMILY RESEARCH

DIANE (View posts)
Posted: 6 Sep 2000 3:54PM GMT
JEN I WAS ABOUT TO SEND THIS WEB PAGE TO YOU AND FOUND YOU ARE ON IT ALREADY SO I WILL NOT NOW AND GOOD LUCK IN YOUR SEARCH

england Colberts

Amy (Amelia) Colbert (View posts)
Posted: 27 Oct 2000 9:27PM GMT
My great grandfather imigrated from Englane his Name was John Henry Colbert. If thei is what you are after e-mail me back and I will dig it up.

John Colbert-Lily Colbert (Beynon) 1891-

jennifer lorraine colbert (View posts)
Posted: 28 Oct 2000 3:18AM GMT
MY JOHN COLBERT HAD THREE CHILDREN HARRY 1891 CHRISTOPHER 1895 AND LILY?, HE MARRIED A LILY BEYNON DATE AND PLACE UNKNOWN.AND LIVED IN BAPTIST WELL ST SWANSEA, I DO NOT KNOW THEIR BIRTHPLACE OR WHERE THEY WERE RAISED IF ANY NAMES SOUND FAMILIAR EMAIL ME BACK THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST JEN SOUTH WALES SWANSEA UK

Colberts in Great Britian

Posted: 26 Nov 2000 1:27PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jul 2001 9:29PM GMT
I"d love to correspond with all of you from GB.....but can't find and email address anywhere....we too have colberts from England and France according to grandmothers account
SWinick@aol.com

COLBERT FAMILY TREE-WALES

jennifer lorraine colbert (View posts)
Posted: 27 Nov 2000 3:13AM GMT
hi my name is Jennifer l Colbert from swansea south wales UK, i would be more than happy to tell you my colbert family tree, i am stuck on 1868 at the moment, i have the sons parents names but do not know when they were born, there may be an irish link in my family, i am not sure Jen south wales UK

Colbert

Posted: 27 Nov 2000 8:49AM GMT
Edited: 29 Jul 2001 9:29PM GMT
HI Jen!
Well I'm not exactly sure where our Colbert family comes from in Europe. I'm going by greatgrandma's hand written account. Which was brief at best. No dates, no wives names, no siblings. However she does claim that the family is the same as Jean Baptiste Colbert of France. But sorta has the history fractured. For all I know it could be a fabrication. According to Aunt Anne (her duaghter n law) she was kinda high and mightly and a bit of a snob. Never the less she married a Colbert. Robert Arnold Colbert II was her husband. He was born in 1897 or there abouts. He was to have been born in Montreal Quebec, but his forefathers came from Ireland (Waterford or Cork). She failed to put a date to their arrival. She said thefamily left France, but no date. I think she said they went to England first, so their could be a WElSH connection! Funny thing is that me and my husband were in Swansee a few years ago. If the family in Europe moved around like it did here ( Canada > NY,USA> Iowa> Neb> Texas> California) and was as prolific, anything is possible. I only know the names of the family after her account. Unfortunatley that seems to be my problem. And to add to that. Robert II abandoned his family in the late 1920's. We have no account of whatever happened to him. If you could provide some names, perhaps we could piece something together. The name Robert Arnold was to be a family name. Other names in the family that were used were, Raymond Lawrence, Donald LeRoy, Shirley and Cleo. Do you have anything that could match? Also do you have an email address that we could correspond directly?
Regards
Sharyn
SWinick@aol.com

colberts from liverpool

jill mather (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 2001 9:35PM GMT
My great grandfather was Peter Colbert b 1848/50 in Stradbally Waterford Ireland. His brothers were William b 1856 Liverpool and Thomas b 1858 Liverpool. Peter married Mary Ann Cox b 1851 Newport Monmouth Wales and in 1883/4 emigrated to Queensland Australia. His children were Maurice b 1874/5 Manchester (my grandfather), Edward b 1876 Liverpool, Ada b 1877 Liverpool, Eveline b 1878 Liverpool, Charles b 1880 Liverpool, Thomas b?, May Margaret b 1885 Brisbane, Camilla b 1886 Brisbane and Wilfred Arthur b 1888 Brisbane. Peter and William and Thomas parents were Maurice Colbert and Mary Reid, both born 1815 Ireland. Would love to hear from anyone who feels they may be connected to this family.

Jean Baptiste Colbert

Harley Colbert (View posts)
Posted: 13 Apr 2001 12:25PM GMT
I have been told that my family are direct descendents from the Jean Baptiste line. Also, my mother has said that the paintings that hang in Versailles have a strong resemblence to my grandfather. Since the turn of the century, as far as I can remember from stories is that we've lived in Louisiana. If you would like more information, I could contact my grandfather and I am sure he has mroe stuff on the subject.

Re: ANY COLBERTS FROM BRITAIN/FRANCE

April Colbert McGuire (View posts)
Posted: 2 Mar 2002 9:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Colbert
Hello,
My names is April Colbert McGuire. I have been told that my family descended from Jean Baptiste Colbert. But what I actually know is this:
My ggg grandfather was John Colbert born in England in 1808
I have no info on his wife except her name may have been Margaret.
They had a son John William born in Des Moines, IA in 1863. He married Frances Jane Hughes who was born in Saratoga CA in 1865. They had one son John Edmund "Eddie", who was born in Los Gatos, CA in 1887, he was my grandfather. John William died when "Eddie" was a boy. John Edmund married Althea McCurdy and had seven children, the youngest being my dad, Robert L. Colbert.
I have had a hard tme tracking this line because I think a alot of info was lost when they migrated to California.
If you have any info please let me know. Thank you so much.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic