Search for content in message boards

Matilda Dayton

Matilda Dayton

Sam Buitendorp (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jan 2001 5:23PM GMT
Matilda was my gt. gd. mother and her family lived in the Lansing Michigan area.

She married Isaac Sheets(1855)they had one child, a daughter (Ida) born appr.1856.
Matilda died approx. 1860.

Thank you for any information, Sam

Ida was raised by her maternal grand parents the Daytons. Would appreciate anymore information.

Matilda George Sheets

Jim Dayton (View posts)
Posted: 16 Feb 2001 7:21PM GMT
I have a Matilda DAYTON married to George Sheets. They were from Watertown MI. I do not have any dates for them, but their parents were born in the right time period to be the parents of matilda. They are Samuel b.1 Jun 1808 St George Manor, NY and Lucinda Phillips b.13 Jan 1817 in Cuba, NY. I have the Dayton line back to 1588 in Ashford, England.

Dayton Family

Posted: 25 Feb 2001 7:38PM GMT
Edited: 28 Oct 2001 2:54AM GMT
Dear Jim,
MANY, MANY Thanks for your information...I will get on with the search as soon as I can...this is exciting as no one has been able to get a bit of infor. for years. Will let you know if we cacn make connections.
Thanks Again, Sam
Boyne City, MI

Dayton Family

Posted: 25 Feb 2001 8:02PM GMT
Jim,
I just made a quick check...Information I have claims Matilda is from Watertown MI. She was married to Isaac Sheets. Isaac had a brother George but he was married to Charity Harpster. Another interesting connection is, Matilda's granddaughter Mayben Cliffe (12/30/1887) married Louis Phillips (1916)in DeWitt MI. Thanks Again for this information.
How/Is Matilda related to you?

GEDCOM Available

Jim Dayton (View posts)
Posted: 27 Feb 2001 4:31AM GMT
If you can use a GEDCOM I would be glad to send it. Remind me of the starting point in your correspondence.

Dayton Family

Posted: 27 Feb 2001 7:22PM GMT
Jim;
As I am new at this genealogy tracking, I must ask what you mean by "if I can use GEDCOM" I can access GEDCOM...is there more to it than that?
Thanks
Sam

GEDCOM

Jim Dayton (View posts)
Posted: 27 Feb 2001 8:15PM GMT
Jim ... What is a GEDCOM? How do you access or obtain? Please advise.

Dayton GEDCOM

Jim Dayon (View posts)
Posted: 28 Feb 2001 4:32AM GMT
A GEDCOM is a computer file that has rigorous genealogical format standards so that it can be used to import and export data between various computerized genealogical programs.

Dayton GEDCOM

Jim Dayon (View posts)
Posted: 28 Feb 2001 4:32AM GMT
A GEDCOM is a computer file that has rigorous genealogical format standards so that it can be used to import and export data between various computerized genealogical programs.

GEDCOM answer

To Jim Dayton (View posts)
Posted: 1 Mar 2001 2:58PM GMT
Thanks for the input. My grandfather was also James Dayton, believe he was born in Decatur, Illinois, circa 1865. He died in Los Angeles, CA. about 1950. His father was John Dayton, and I'm told, but I have no supporting documentation, that he was born in Ireland. Does your family have roots in Ireland? I'm uncertain about the name Dayton, unless it was anglicized due to the oppression. Where is the Dayton name rooted?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic