Search for content in message boards

Scottish Maxwells

Scottish Maxwells

Penni B Currie (View posts)
Posted: 22 Feb 2000 12:24PM GMT
Looking for information on Scottish Maxwells particularly in the Ayrshire area pre WWII

have Maxwell ancestry

Guy Maxwell (View posts)
Posted: 18 Mar 2000 12:08PM GMT
Have Maxwell ancestry from 960, some missing, but have most from
my direct family line to present day. We are probably related, as all Maxwell's are
descendants of Lord Maxwell of Scotland in the 1100's.

Maxwell ancestry

Penni Currie (View posts)
Posted: 19 Mar 2000 6:00AM GMT
My Maxwells are originally from Stevenston, Ayrshire, Scotland from mid 1800's - present day. Am not having much luck going back further than 1900 at the moment - maybe when i've got more time! Know of one branch that emigrated to Ontario and some internal migrations but thats all so far. If the info I do have may be of any use to anyone please mail me
Penni

Maxwell ancestry

Jeffrey Wade Maxwell (View posts)
Posted: 19 Mar 2000 2:36PM GMT
In reply to Guy Maxwell please send info on Maxwell ancestry. thank you.
Posted: 19 Mar 2000 4:10PM GMT
Edited: 9 Apr 2002 1:06AM GMT
Any info on early Maxwell's would be greatly appreciated. I have posted info in ==on board, under Maxwell Nova Scotia. I am a noive but would love anything as we have been searching for 12 years.
Regards Jo

Maxwell ancestry

Posted: 22 Mar 2000 10:16PM GMT
Edited: 15 Jul 2001 5:46AM GMT
Guy - Would love to receive the info you have on the Maxwell family. Have just started research and have along way to go. thanks

Maxwells in America and West Indies

Maxwell (View posts)
Posted: 24 Mar 2000 12:15AM GMT
I am tracing ancestry of a James Maxwell from Scotland (?) to Delaware 1650s where he married into the Bedwell family. A William Bedwell Maxwell was born West Indies early 1800s and married Dumbarton Scotland 1823. Any points of contact or information welcome.

John Maxwell

Marilyn Maxwell (View posts)
Posted: 24 Mar 2000 2:59AM GMT
My father immigrated to Onterio in 1914 his Father
was John Maxwell, Mother Margaret Berry Maxwell.
John was married previously and had two children
Harry and Lena who immigrated to Australia, Harry remained
in England, If you have anything I would appreceiate the info.
Thank YOu Marilyn Joyce Maxwell My father
was Harold James Maxwell

Maxwells in Virginia Missouri

Posted: 27 Mar 2000 7:27PM GMT
Edited: 3 Aug 2004 7:21PM GMT
I'm looking for info on Nancy Ellen Maxwell, born 01 June 1858, died 23 June 1903, married E. A. Larned 30 November 1876 in Barminton. Family originally from Virginia, moved to region around Drexel, Merwin and Butler, Missouri. Had at least one brother, William, married to Cordelia Simons. William born about 1854, died about 1940. Children: Eva, Clara, Nellie, Ethel and Lucy. Do you have any information about these people? I am royally stuck. Thanks.

Maxwell ancestry

Guy Maxwell (View posts)
Posted: 28 Mar 2000 11:44AM GMT
ancestry in this country started 1772 Alexander Maxwell and Jane McBrantey's son Guy William firstborn County Down Ireland removed to Horseheads New York 1772. If your line ties in plz address and reply.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions