Search for content in message boards

ANYONE researching Seavers from Ireland??

ANYONE researching Seavers from Ireland??

Gaye Stradwick (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jun 2003 6:30AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Seaver, Dollard, Locke
I have posted something similar before, but I am curious to learn if there are ANY researchers on this list whose Seavers are known to have come from Ireland. I live in New Zealand, but I am Australian. My Seavers immigrated to Australia from Ireland in 1864. From what I can see, this list is made up of those whose Seavers immigrated from England or Germany to the U.S. Am I correct, or can someone tell me I am not alone???
Gaye

Re: ANYONE researching Seavers from Ireland??

Carol Alexander (View posts)
Posted: 16 Mar 2005 8:43PM GMT
Hi,
Both of my Grandparents were Seaver. My Grandfather
Joesph Seaver was born in Australia. My Grandmother
was born in England. The family home was Heath Hall in
Ireland.

Gaye Stradwick (View posts)
Posted: 3 May 2005 9:50AM GMT
Surnames: Seaver
Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying. My branch of the Seaver family is quite separate from yours - mine are the Seavers from County Dublin. These were the Irishs Seavers who always lived in the farming communities of north County Dublin. Yours were from England and they immigrated and settled in the north of Ireland, where Jonathan Seaver built Heath Hall, I think in the 1600's.. I can refer you to a couple of people I know who are from your side of the family, and also, a second Seaver family reunion is planned for later this year. The first one was in Dublin 3 years ago. Good luck with your research!

Wilmer BARNES SEAVER (View posts)
Posted: 4 May 2005 4:15PM GMT
Surnames: BARNES, BALLARD, SEAVER LATHROP
Thank you for the information.

I have a large number of names that are from Ireland in my database of 11,700 plus names.
IE: William Joseph
Josephine H. O'Conner
Robert Hoffman
Catherine Hoffman
Margaret Lonegan
Annie Borodaile
James Swan Sullivan
John Owen Sullivan

The list goes on and I am interested in you passing my new email address on to the others who are in to English SEAVER names.

Thanks again

Wilmer BARNES SEAVER
Both names are being researched by me

Posted: 4 May 2005 5:05PM GMT
Can you e-mail me at ca4santafe@juno.com
I would love to see what you have on the Seaver family,
and I could share what I have.
Thank you,

thelma smith (View posts)
Posted: 17 May 2005 12:58PM GMT
My husbands name is William Seaver Smith his great great grandfather was Dean Seaver who also was a desendant from Seavers Heath Hall.

Posted: 12 Jan 2006 12:32AM GMT
I have the Seaver family book by George Seaver
on the Seaver family. If you need any information I would be glad to help you.
Carol Alexander
ca4santafe@juno.com

John (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jan 2006 3:03PM GMT
Surnames: Seaver
Hi I'm looking for any information on Seavers that where born, it seems, in New York then relocated to Rhode Island around 1870. His name was Christopher Seaver and his wife was Margaret. I know that they had at least one child born in 1850 in New York his name was Francis, and I think there may have been one more son but i'm not sure. I'm mainly looking for Christophers parents I can't seem to find anything about them or where they came from or imigrated from. I would be glad to share any info that I have. I have a pretty complete history from Christopher Seaver forward but not to much going back. He was born on Sept 23, 1822. Thanx a million!!!!!!

Wilmer BARNES SEAVER (View posts)
Posted: 2 Feb 2006 2:07AM GMT
Surnames: SEAVER, BARNES, BALLARD
I have a Christopher Columbus Seaver born 23 Aug 1820 in Vermont. I found that he lived at Age 29 in Brasher Township, St. Lawrence County, NY film 0,444,307, Page 402. This was in an 1850 census. I have no wife. However, I decided to try and find more on him. I have not as yet. BUT, I did find a Christopher Seaver with a wife Margaret in the 6-24-1870 census in Ward 11, District 15 NYC, NY County, NY. Line 39 & 40. His occupation listed as Iron Moulder. Both born in NY.He was 47 and she was 42. Sons Frank 22 a policmanand FRED?? 18 A machinist Both born in NY. I hope this is a help. Wilmer Seaver

John (View posts)
Posted: 4 Feb 2006 5:14PM GMT
Hi and Thanx!!! The Christopher and Margaret are my gr. gr. gr. grandparents they did have a son named Francis (or frances) and one other named, I believe Phillip, I'm not sure. After 1870 it seems that they moved to Woonsocket R.I. and built a house it is a 2 family that I have visited. It is these 2 people that I seem to have a prob. finding his parents. He is listed in the Mendon Mass. birth records as being born on Sept 23, 1822 but on everything that I have found he lists himself as being born in New York. I believe that he lived in NY obviously but as for being born there i'm just not sure. Maybe immigrated there from????? Thanx again for your help.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic