Search for content in message boards

PUENTE FAMILY: Aguascalientes, Mexico

PUENTE FAMILY: Aguascalientes, Mexico

Posted: 13 Feb 2011 5:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Puente, Martinez, Cruz, Gongora
Am seeking info on a family member, last name Puente, who fought in the mexican revoution..pretty sure w/Pancho Villa. I recall some years ago flipping thru a paperback book on the subject, came across a picture of a man, with that name who looked almost identical to my father's oldest brother...don't recall the first name,but if it helps, my uncle's name was Miguel Puente from Aguascalientes, father Concepcion Puente Martinez & mother Teodora Cruz Gongora..if any of these names seem farmiliar please contact me.

Carmen P Morales

Re: PUENTE FAMILY: Aguascalientes, Mexico

Posted: 16 Aug 2011 8:53PM GMT
Hello, Carmen my name is Aaron Garza Puente, I believe the name of Doroteo Arango`s(pancho villas,real name) friend and fellow revolutionary is Dr.Ramon Puente,he was an m.d. and also wrote an account of Villa and the revolution,my family is from Coahuila,Mexico...

Posted: 17 Aug 2011 12:56AM GMT
Hi, Aaron, am so happy to hear from you..have so many questions!! Are you related to Dr. Ramon Puente? You say he wrote an account of his time with Pancho Villa, is it available somewhere? So, you are from Coahuila....many members of our Puente family moved north, mostly to Coahuila. If there is anything else you can share please keep in touch. Thanks much!!

Posted: 2 Oct 2011 7:05AM GMT
Hello, my name is Amanda Burgos. My Great-Grandfather's name was Benjamin Burgos Puente. His mother's name was Martina Puente de Burgos. They crossed the border around 1927, exiled from Mexico as political refugees. I know my great-grandparents were very educated and heavily involved in the revolution (Zapata and Villa). My great-grandfather was a journalist and was invited to interview Mr. Villa on the back of a train during the revolution. It is my understanding, my great-grandfather was very concerned about getting his mother across the border in 1927 because her husband had been murdered and he was afraid they would be coming after her too. My great-grandparents did not
discuss much with their children, and they were afraid the rest of their lives. My family literally has no idea of our family from Mexico, and our family records have been destroyed. If you recognize these names, please let me know. It has been told (in my family) that my great-grandfather and Mr. Villa were close associates. Almost forgot, my Great-grandfather's father name was concepcion. Thanks.

Posted: 3 Oct 2012 3:55AM GMT
Hi Amanda, I want to apologize for not responding to your messege, soon after I received it I stopped my search because I was getting nowhere..just resumed, recently' hoping to get serious about my search. As far as I know, my ancestors' origin is the Aguascalientes, Jalisco area, migrating later to Coahula, then to Texas around 1917-1926.
From the names of your great-grandfather, am assuming that your great-grandmother was the one with the Puente name...what was her first name? Let's keep in touch if you wish, I now have a sister who just moved to Utah where they have millions of records & she's going to help search.
If you would rather contact me through my personal email address, do so @:carmela.morales@att.net.

Posted: 19 Jul 2013 4:49PM GMT
Surnames: ARELLANO/ TRANCOSO / DELGADO/LUEVANO ETC.ETC.
I HAVE WRITTEN TWO BOOKS ON GENEALOGY AND JUST ABOUT TO FINISH MY 3RD. I LOST AN OLD PICTURE I HAD OF AGUASCALIENTES. IF ANYONE HAS A PICTURE OFANY TYPE , FAMILY , PLACE OR ANYTHING PERTAINING TO AGUASCALIENTES BEFORE 1950 , I WILL BE GLAD TO PURCHASE IT FOR MY BOOK AND GIVE THE PHOTO CREDIT. THANK YOU

Posted: 7 Jun 2014 4:59AM GMT
Surnames: oliver
I have a picture from 1956 aguascalites mexico san jose de gracia plaza
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions