Search for content in message boards

Charley Horton

Charley Horton

Posted: 3 Feb 2002 12:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Feb 2002 5:45AM GMT
Surnames: Ward, Phillips, Smith, Griffin, Loughry, Lantrip, Barrack, Dye, Threadgill, Goodwin, Horton, Helms, Hawkins, Carter, Austin, Kilgo, Chamness, Hovey, Dunagan, Hobbs
While going through some papers my husbands grandmother had kept, I found three recital programs from the year 1909.

On these programs it says: Charley Horton, solo boy of St. John's Choir.

St. John's Church, Washington D.C
Sixteenth and H Streets, Northwest.

Charley Horton was my husbands great great grandfather.

Charley had a son named John Carter Horton, Married a Helen Carter

JC Horton had a son named John Carter Horton II, Married a Nesta Hawkins

He in turn had a son John Derek Horton. My husband.

There is a story that says that Charley left his young son, 9 or so at the time, in Washington DC and the son was found in a shop or something by his uncle. Sound familar?

Can someone please tell me if this Church is still there?
Also, of course if this sounds familar contact me.

Re: Charley Horton

Posted: 3 Feb 2002 12:44AM GMT
Surnames: Ward, Phillips, Smith, Griffin, Loughry, Lantrip, Barrack, Dye, Threadgill, Goodwin, Horton, Helms, Hawkins, Carter, Austin, Kilgo, Chamness, Hovey, Dunagan, Hobbs
Sorry, my word program did away with the formatting there is pieces missing in the above message.

Charley HORTON had a son ??

That son had John Carter Horton
Jc Horton had John Carter Horton II
Then John Derek Horton.

I thought I had fixed it then noticed it was messed up when it posted. Sorry.

Re: Charley Horton

Mary Owens (View posts)
Posted: 3 Feb 2002 6:30AM GMT
What Dye's are you related to? It's almost uncanny . My maiden name was Dye and my mother's name was Horton. Interested to hear your names and if there is a connection. Mary

Dyes and Horton

Posted: 3 Feb 2002 8:36PM GMT
Mary, I tried to send you an email but it was returned. Could you please contact me? Send me an email to dreaming_yet_awake@hotmail.com

Looking forward to talking to you,
Dena
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions