Search for content in message boards

Isham Mann b abt 1776, Chatham Co., NC

Isham Mann b abt 1776, Chatham Co., NC

Posted: 9 Nov 2001 2:56AM GMT
Classification: Query
Isham Mann b. abt 1776, d. abt 10 Mar 1838 in Chatham Co. NC, wife named Sarah (Patterson?). Had sons Frederick & Andrew Jackson, and 8 daughters. Isham was surety on a couple of Pound marriages. Is Isham a son of a Frederick Mann? Does anyone have information on this family? Frederick came to IN in 1830 and Andrew came in 1850. Andrew is my 4th great grandfather.

Re: Isham Mann b abt 1776, Chatham Co., NC

Posted: 24 Nov 2001 6:08PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2002 12:03AM GMT
Bobbie,
My name is linda garrett and one of ISHAM MANN'S daughters NANCY is my gg-grandmother. I sent to get her death certificate and it says that her father and mother are from ENGLAND. I have been posting messages to that sight in hopes of some answers. If you would like a copy of NANCY'S death certificate Email me at missd55@aol.com.
Thank you
LINDA

Re: Isham Mann b abt 1776, Chatham Co., NC

Bobbi Steele (View posts)
Posted: 25 Nov 2001 2:09PM GMT
Surnames: Mann
Linda, Isham Mann's 2nd son Andrew Jackson Mann was my 3rd great grandfather. On the 1880 census, Nancy Marley shows her parents were born in NC. Isham's 1st son Frederick states on the 1880 census that his parents were born in CT. I have not been able to find Andrew in the 1880 census. He died in 1896 and is buried in Grant County, IN. My great grandfather's sister Mary F. Mann is living with Jesse and Nancy in the 1880 census. Their parents were both deceased by 1877. I have corresponded with a few of Isham's descendants and they believe the family came from Scotland. Connecticut would be a good place to look.
Bobbi
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions