Search for content in message boards

Mission Impossible NEED Help

Mission Impossible NEED Help

Posted: 24 Oct 2012 11:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Martha Ellen McCollum was in Marshall Co IN by 1862, proven by letters she wrote to other McCollum persons. In 1864 she married Paul Williams (she is mistakenly listed with surname of McCollins on marriage record). He had joined the Union Army there in 1861 & was from NY. They resided in Marshall Co until at least 1880 as they are on the census there. Then they relocated to Newton Co IN by 1900 and lastly, he appeared as a widow on the 1920 census for Lake CO IN. I have searched for death info for them and have not found anything.

Martha Ellen was b May 1838 in OH. Paul was b Mar 1837 in NY. I cannot place either of them in a family prior to their marriage. I have researched their 7 children but still nothing that leads me to families for Martha Ellen and Paul.

I am desparate for assistance. Much thanks.

Re: Mission Impossible NEED Help

Posted: 3 Jan 2013 3:53PM GMT
I saw your post and thought I would try to help you. I do not live in IN but do genealogy. It took me two days but I found where they are buried.
They are buried in Sanders Cemetery in Lowell, Lake Co. IN West Creek Township.
Dates for Martha Ellen were 1835, and she died 08 Sep 1919 in Shelby which is in Lake Co. IN. Record is in Gary, Book H24 Page 35 for Lake Co.
There were no dates for Paul Williams. There were also their son, Edward R. Williams and Gracy M. Williams listed and their son, Paul W. Williams with dates 20 Feb 1909 - 09 Feb 1926. (Just a note: You have that Paul was born in 1837, but the 1900 census has him born Mar 1833.)
Hope this helps.

Posted: 3 Jan 2013 5:17PM GMT
Thank you for your diligence. I was able to locate the information soon after I posted the query.

Regards, Bettye

Posted: 4 Jan 2013 1:07AM GMT
Well I spent two days for nothing. You could have posted a message that you had found it.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic