Search for content in message boards

Information on Zoerb Family

Information on Zoerb Family

Posted: 3 Sep 2002 9:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Jun 2005 7:15PM GMT
My great-grandparents were J. Caspar (Zörb) Zoerb (8/17 or 8/23/1830 - 10/17/1884) and Johannetta Bonn (6/11/1836 - 4/23/1896). Both were born in Germany, married 5/10/1856 in Germany and arrived in Minnesota in 1859. They settled in the Maple Grove area.

The children were Karl, John Conrad (married Adeline Sipe), Mary (married Nick Mergen and Robert Krenz), Sophia Elizabeth (married Ferdinand Buelow), Frederich, Alice, Anna (my great-grandmother married Charles Bruhn), Margaret, Minnie, Johann Jacob, Rosina, Lydia, and Edward Benjamin.

Karl and John were born in Germany. The rest of the children were most likely born in Maple Grove. The last five children are listed in the Hennepin County birth records.

I am looking for the following information on:

Alice - born 4/25/1866 - married to ? Maxwell.

Margaret - born 1868.

Minnie - born 2/7/1870 - married to ? LaBelle.

Lydia - born 8/12/1875 - married to H. A. Morse.

Caspar and Johannetta are buried at Immanuel Cemetery in Maple Grove along with Karl, Frederich, Johann, Rosina and Edward. There is also a Jacob Zoerb buried there. He was born in 1837 and died in 1871. Does anyone know how he might be connected to Caspar?

Re: Information on Zoerb Family

Peggy (View posts)
Posted: 22 Sep 2002 1:31AM GMT
Surnames: Chapman, Treptau, Butzler, Zorb, Bonn
Hi Cathy,
My husband is related to the Zorb (Zurb, Zoerb) you write of. Also the Bonn, and Butzler (Bolzer) families. His Ggrandparents were David Butzler and Mary (Maria) Zoerb Butzler. I think this is the same family. I have copies of church records from Immanual Methodist Church in Maple Grove and have been to the cemetery on 101st and Troy Lane to copy headstone info. If this sounds like the same families to you please email me @ mnpacrat@aol.com. I am the Chapman family historian and genealogist. Thanks. Peggy

Posted: 3 Nov 2002 5:54PM GMT
Edited: 20 Oct 2003 6:48PM GMT
Surnames: LaBelle, Brockway, Rollo, Dvorak, Guilfoyle
1920 Mpls, MN census
316- 38th St. North (I think this is fairly close to the Mississippi River- may be gone now for freeway)
Minnie/Mennie LaBelle, age 49, widow, Head of Household

sons:
Merlin E. LaBelle age 20 (7/2/1899-3/1959)

Milton I or G. LaBelle, age 16 (3/11/1903-6/17/1973)
death recorded in Lee City, FL Death Records.

I was sent a photo of Merlin and Milton, circa 1920. I don't know how they are related to my familyMy great-grandfather was Sam LaBelle, b. WI or MN; had several siblings- Eli, Noah, George. Father Roderick, grandfather Ovide.

Any connection?

Minnie Zoerb

Posted: 5 Nov 2002 4:59AM GMT
The Minnie Zoerb on my side of the family was born on February 7, 1870 in Maple Grove, Hennepin Co., Minnesota (LDS 1309389). Her parents were J. Caspar Zoerb and Johannetta Bonn. My great-grandmother, Anna, was her sister. Minnie married ? Labelle.

Additional information I can provide for a possible connection:

Minnie had a sister named Mary Krenz. Her obituary dated 2/26/1931 states one of the pallbearers was Milton LaBelle of Minneapolis.

Minnie had a sister named Sophia Buelow. Her obituary dated 1/12/1939 states one of the pallbearers was nephew Milton LaBelle. Sister was Minnie LaBelle of Minneapolis. Mr. and Mrs. Milton LaBelle attended funeral from a distance.

What are the birth and death dates for your Minnie? Do you have an obituary for her? Who is her husband?

Cathy

Re: Minnie Zoerb

Posted: 5 Nov 2002 12:56PM GMT
Edited: 20 Oct 2003 6:48PM GMT
Surnames: LaBelle, Zoerb, Brockway
I think we have a definite connection here. According to the 1920 census, Minnie LaBelle was 49 years old, making her birthdate 1870. I will email you my tree info.
My grandmother was Hazel LaBelle, who had 2 sisters- Lillian and Myrtle, grew up in Mpls. Her father was Sam LaBelle, who had many siblings, several who lived in Mpls. for a time. His brother, George, had a company called LaBelle moving and Storage. Much info on the LaBelle message boards.
I have no other info on Minnie LaBelle, but I believe there must be some connection, as the photos of Milton and Merlin came with a photo of my grandmother and her sisters as young children. The sender was raised by my great-uncle, and found the pictures in old albums. She has no idea who Milton and Merlin are. I'll keep searching.

Posted: 5 Jul 2004 9:09PM GMT
I read with interest your information on J. Casper Zoerb. Do you know who his parents are. I am looking for a connection to a John Zorb/Zerb/Zoerb b. 1810 m. to Catharina,emmigrated to US in 1855 had the following children John b. 1837 , Charles/Carl b. 1845 Mary, Margaret, and Lois. John married a Johanna Hess and moved from Two Rivers, WI to Minnesota. I am thinking the move to Minnesota might have been to another relatives? Any help would be appreciated.
Violet

Posted: 7 Jul 2004 9:14PM GMT
Surnames: Zoerb
They had a child named John, but he was born in 1858. The parents of J. Caspar Zoerb were Kaspar Zörb and Anna Maria Spies (born abt. 1803 in Germany).

Posted: 8 Jul 2004 11:28AM GMT
Thanks for the information, I appreciate your sharing. If I find any thing conclusive I will post.
Violet

Posted: 6 Mar 2005 5:44AM GMT
Edited: 14 Apr 2005 4:56AM GMT
Your Alice who was married to Eli Franklin Maxwell was my Great Grandmother. I believe she had four children. Eli, Cora, Fred and Jenny,that I know of. Jenny was my Grandmother. My father, Roy Frye, often spoke about the Morse family and the Bruin Family. I have a picture of some of the Bruin Family.They had a large farm in Saint Bonificas, west of Excelsior, where my Dad was born. Jenny and Cora married two brothers, Osmer and Lloyd Frye. I am sure that we are working on the same line, so please let me hear from you. I am very excited.

Posted: 7 Mar 2005 9:54PM GMT
Surnames: Zoerb
Well, we both can get excited! Alice is the twin to my great-grandmother, Anna Zoerb Bruhn, born 4/25/1866 in Maple Grove, MN.

Charles and Anna lived on a farm in Minnetrista where most of their children were born. This was the farm that belonged to his parents, Carl and Ricka.

Anna's parents are J. Casper and Johannetta (Bonn) Zoerb. The children's names that I have found: Karl, John Conrad, Mary, Sophia Elizabeth, Frederich, Alice, Anna, Margaret, Wilhelmina, Johann Jacob, Rosina, Lydia Paulina, Edward Benjamin.

I found the cemetery in Maple Grove were the Zoerb's are buried - Immanuel Cemetery.

Mary Zoerb first married Nick Mergen and they had a child named Sophia who married Otto Bruhn, my great-grandfather's brother. There was a Margaret Zoerb married to William Bruhn, another brother to my great-grandfather, but I don't know if it is the same Margaret.

I would be interested in the Bruhn photograph. Would you be able to e-mail the photo? Do you have any photos of the Zoerb family? Enclosed a photograph of the family of Charles and Anna Bruhn.

Will be anxious to hear from you.
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions