Search for content in message boards

Samuel McNickle

Samuel McNickle

Posted: 28 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Oct 2004 1:40PM GMT
Surnames: McNickle, Sayer
I am looking for information on Samuel McNickle born in early 1800s to a John & Ellen. Married a Jane, probably Saver/Sayer. Had several children one of which was Alexander b. 1860's.

Re: Samuel McNickle

Posted: 22 Feb 2013 10:43PM GMT
Surnames: McNickle
Will have to check my records, but my great-grandfather was Christiopher McNickle of Elagh. My granny Martha was an only child (born early 1900s). My uncle and his family still live at Elagh. I have an awful memory and can't put my hand on the right pages just now, but will tomorrow. But if u have a Christopher going astray - that'll be mine. Would love to find out more, as we've very little ancestry details.

Posted: 22 Feb 2013 11:21PM GMT
Do u know a Jo-Ann Richards, of Mercerburg, PA. She was also looking info on Elagh McNickles on another site, but her email is no longer live, so I've been unable to contact her.

Posted: 24 Feb 2013 2:58PM GMT
Ok, so I've got my notes sorted now. My great-grandfather Christopher McNickle was one of many children of Samuel McNickle and Matilda Dick, in Elagh. Their family began very soon after your ancestors were born to Samuel McNickle and Jane Sayers, also in Elagh.
When my Samuel McNickle married Matilda Dick he was described as a widower! So I am wondering was the same Samuel married to both woman - did Jane die young and he remarried Matilda? Do u have a date of death for Jane? BUT there is a spanner in the works for my theory - Samuel's father was a Robert McNickle, also from Elagh and your Samuel was from Creggan, Co Armagh. I find it a very strong coincidnece that there were 2 Samuel McNickle's in the small townland of Elagh, and even moreso that one was a "blow-in" from Co Armagh. Pls let me know your thoughts so that I can put my theory to bed.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic