Search for content in message boards

Uriah Miles in Caswell County, NC

Uriah Miles in Caswell County, NC

Posted: 13 Jun 2005 3:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Miles
Does anyone have information on a Uriah Miles born in 1815 in Caswell County,NC? He married Ireana Rudd Born in 1813.

Miles, Uriah (Caswell County, North Carolina)

Posted: 13 Jun 2005 3:41AM GMT
Edited: 19 Jul 2005 3:00AM GMT
Surnames: Miles, Rudd
Billie:

Just in case you do not have the marriage record, it is:

Miles, Uriah and Irrena Rudd, 11 Sep 1834 (James Miles, Jr.).

Yes, the marriage record had Irrena spelled this way. Source: Caswell County, North Carolina Marriage Bonds, 1778-1868, Katharine Kerr Kendall (1981).

Best regards,

Rick

Re: Miles, Uriah (Caswell County, North Carolina)

Posted: 13 Jun 2005 1:53PM GMT
Thank you for the information. I had the marriage date and place, but your message confirms it. I also had Irena spelled several different ways.

Miles, Uriah (Caswell County, North Carolina)

Posted: 13 Jun 2005 3:54PM GMT
Edited: 19 Jul 2005 3:00AM GMT
Billie:

Another fact to observe from this marriage record is the bondsman, James Miles, Jr. While not conclusive, it is possible that James Miles, Jr. is a relative of Uriah Miles.

A secondary source, Caswell County Heritage--North Carolina (1985) has quite a bit on the Miles family:

In 1775, Jacob Miles (1757-1838) married Nancy Rice of Halifax County, Virginia. They moved to Caswell County and lived there for some time with their eight children. One of these children was James Miles (born 22 July 1784 and died 18 April 1848). He married Elizabeth B. (Betsy) Gunn (1786-1873), and they had twelve children. One of these children was James Miles, Jr. (born 27 March 1813 and died 18 January 1849).

No marriage information is provided for James Miles, Jr. In 1934 he would have been 21 years old and could have served as a marriage bondsman/witness. Because of his age, he would not have been the father of Uriah Miles, but could have been a brother, uncle, etc.

Good luck.

Rick

PS While the heritage books are wonderful, one must treat them as secondary sources, great starting points but not necessarily accurate.

Re: Uriah Miles in Caswell County, NC

Posted: 25 Dec 2011 8:26PM GMT
Died MO 1865
My ancestor by dau. Nellie"Hulda Miles Tiller
Do you have inf. on the Miles family in NC?

Miles Family

Posted: 26 Dec 2011 2:40AM GMT
For information on the Miles family of Caswell County, North Carolina, go to: http://caswellcountync.org/genealogy/index.php

Posted: 27 Dec 2011 4:46AM GMT
I do have some information on the family in Caswell County, NC. if interested email me at ontimeangel@yahoo.com and I will email you back the information that I have. I have been trying to verify some of it. other information I have had verified.

Posted: 28 Dec 2011 4:51PM GMT
Interest in inf. on Uriah Miles and wife's Rudd family.

Posted: 28 Dec 2011 4:53PM GMT

Posted: 28 Dec 2011 10:46PM GMT
Information on Uriah Miles/ Rudd family is found under Miles family posted by Cornstubble/Knight. Uriah's parents were James Miles 1784-1848. and Elizabeth Betty Gunn 1786-1873. Irena Rudd's parents were Jeremiah Rudd B:1784 in Chesterfield, VA and died in 1850 in North Carolina. and Susannah Evans. I have Susannahs parents as Elisha Evans and Elizabeth Lea. Jeremiah Rudds parents were Hezekiah Rudd born in VA about 1760 and Lucy Hawkins born in 1754 in Amelia VA and she died in North Carolina. James Miles dad was Jacob Miles born Feb. 5th 1756 in Baltimore County, MD and he married )ct. 7, 1783 in Caswell,NC and died in 1832 in Robertson County, TN. James Miles Mother was Nancy Rice born in 1757 in VA and she died in TN. I hope this helps you some.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions