Search for content in message boards

RIACH, MURDOCH, FRIGGE, RUSSEL

RIACH, MURDOCH, FRIGGE, RUSSEL

Jan Hornick (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Seeking descendants of Patrick (Peter) Riach born about 1794 in Tulloch, Morayshire, died 30 Aug 1864 in Forres, Morayshire; married Marjory Murdoch born about 1795, Morayshire (prob. Elgin), daughter of Alexander Murdoch and Ann or Anna Frigge. Patrick was the son of Peter Riach and Margaret Miller of Morayshire, and he was a well-known silversmith in Forres.

Morayshire Surnames

Jan Hornick (View posts)
Posted: 15 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: RIACH, MURDOCH, FRIGGE, RUSSEL
Still seeking descendants of Patrick (Peter) Riach born about 1794 in Tulloch, Morayshire, died 30 Aug 1864 in Forres, Morayshire; married Marjory Murdoch born about 1795, Morayshire (prob. Elgin), daughter of Alexander Murdoch and Ann or Anna Frigge. Patrick was the son of Peter Riach and Margaret Miller of Morayshire, and he was a well-known silversmith in Forres. Recently have found that Patrick's grandfather was probably Adam Riach who was born about 1739 in Rothes, son of Peter Riach born about 1720 in Rothes, son of Alexander Riach born about 1684, son of yet another Peter born about 1660. Please note, I have a new e-mail address (1999).

James Riach, born between 1723-1740

Jan Hornick (View posts)
Posted: 13 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Riach
Carol, I have three James Riachs connected to my Riach line. The only one that would fit would be the one born in about 1734. Following is a note in his file:

CHRISTENING: International Genealogical Index reports a christening in Rothes, Moray, Scotland on 14 Apr 1734, with father of Alexander Riach. The source is C111412, film # 6902650. A birth is reported the same date in the IGI
to a Mr. and Mrs. Alexander Riach, film # 538023. NOTE: There are a number of James Riachs listed as born in Rothes for the 1729, 1731, 1734 and 1736 time period.

I wish I had more information to confirm whether or not this is your James Riach! Thank you for your response at any rate. Best Wishes! Jan Hornick

Riachs of Morayshire

Carol Sklinar (View posts)
Posted: 13 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Riach, Wilson, Hay, Watson, Rhind, Duncan
I have a James Riach (spounse unknown) born in Rothes between 1723-1740, his son was Adam born 1798 and married to Ann Wilson of Rothes, their son James (b1805) married James Watson of Rafford. I you think we have a connection contact me for exchange of info. Sorry no sibblings known for either James of Adam yet.

kind regards, Carol
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions