Search for content in message boards

Beyond the Gates of Lower Fort Garry

Beyond the Gates of Lower Fort Garry

Posted: 4 May 2005 2:49AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 May 2005 8:00PM GMT
Does anybody know where I can get a copy of the 1st issue of this book - Beyond the Gates of Lower fort Garry? It was published in 1981 - 87 and is no longer in print. Just wondering if someone might know of a copy that may be purchased privately, or otherwise?

Re: Beyond the Gates of Lower Fort Garry

Karen (View posts)
Posted: 4 May 2005 2:39PM GMT
Hello Kim,
I couldn't seem to find a copy for sale on the internet but there is a list of Manitoba booksellers at
www.ramsaybooks.com/bookstore/dealinks.html
that you could email. There may be others.

ISBN 0-88925-324-2
First printing, 1982

Posted: 4 May 2005 6:18PM GMT
Edited: 4 May 2005 8:00PM GMT
Thank you Karen....I'll try that. We were just wondering if maybe somebody might have an old copy that belonged to their parents, and they didn't want it, or weren't interested. Thanks again.....

Posted: 6 May 2005 12:37AM GMT
Edited: 19 Oct 2006 11:54AM GMT
I have the book and willing to do a lookup.. but, can't part with the book

Angela

Kim (View posts)
Posted: 6 May 2005 8:56PM GMT
Thank you so much Angela, that is so kind of you, but my mother in law is wanting to purchase the book. I have a copy borrowed from a relative, but she wants to keep one for herself, her grandmother and grandparents are in it. THE JOHNSTONES...thanks again anyways for your reply.

Al Sigurdson (View posts)
Posted: 1 Dec 2005 5:22PM GMT
Angela:

Your message was forwarded to me by Marueen Johnson. We are seeking family information on Mary Elizabeth Stevenson b. March 24, 1861, d. ~1938. She married George Tait b.1861 in Scotland. They lived in Netley MB in the 1890's and had 8 children.

I believe she was a Peguis (Cree). I believe her parents were William Stevenson and Mary ?. She may have had four brothers.

I am looking for any additional family information. I am hoping that there may be a mention in the book. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mary Elizabeth Stevenson (Tait) was my great grandmother.

Al Sigurdson
stephenleslie@hotmail.com

Kim (View posts)
Posted: 1 Dec 2005 9:56PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Stevenson
Hi, I looked in the Beyond Lower Fort Garry book...I have the first one, and it does not mention Mary Elizabeth Stevenson, or Taits. There is a Herbert Clifford Stevenson, born Elstree, England, Aug. 20, 1868 with a brother Henry...who homesteaded in Barnsley, MB. Herbert married Sarah Ann Docwra Radford on 8/16/1897. They had 2 sons....Herbert CLifford 7/22/1899 and James Martin 5/6/1901 and one daughter May 4/1/1904. Sorry....this is all I have.

Al Sigurdson (View posts)
Posted: 2 Dec 2005 3:00AM GMT
Re: Mary Elizabeth Stevenson search shows nothing

Thanks for the try. I appreciate it. -Al Sigurdson

Posted: 19 Jun 2007 4:20PM GMT
Surnames: Tait , Stevenson
Al,as a hobby I work on a data base of the Red River Settlers and families and I was wondering if
Mary Elizabeth could have been a child of William Sinclair Stevenson- have most of his children in my database and her birth date would be his maybe last child. I do not see Mary listed in any documents that I have.
I see George and Mary on the various census reports saying that George was born in Manitoba as well as Mary- her birth date matches the date that you mention.
If by chance Mary is the daughter of William Stevenson I have been able to piece together the family and do have some headstone markers.
regards Carolyn

Posted: 29 Sep 2011 2:21AM GMT
Al Sigurdson, I am reading your message 5 years later. I am related to Mary Elizabeth Stevenson & have done the family history.
Contact me if you are still interested.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions