Search for content in message boards

Whittle/ Yarbro Family

Whittle/ Yarbro Family

Pamela Fagin (View posts)
Posted: 15 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: WHITTLE
Looking for ANY info on the WHITTLE/YARBRO family. They farmed and lived in the community named Yarbro in Mississippi County/Blytheville,Arkansas
George Cleveland (Cleve) WHITTLE b. july 13,1886 in Luray,TN
Mary Phebe YARBRO Whittle b.Feb.14,1896 in Blytheville.
They married Sept. 20, 1912 in Blytheville,Ark.
They had 14 kids.
ANY info would help! Please. Thank You. Pam

Marriage Records

Pamela D. Fagin (View posts)
Posted: 11 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: WHITTLE, YARBRO
My grandparents ( George Cleveland "Cleve" WHITTLE & Mary Phebe YARBRO ) were married in Mississippi County on September 20, 1912.They lived in the Yarbro area.They had 14 children. He died (1944) of a attack in a local store, at the age of 58. He was upset over another man, who just signed papers for his 16 yr old to enter the Army. My grandmother never remarried. She remained on the family farm until her death in 1980. Both are buried in Elmwood.

But I cannot find any record? I have called the county clerk, they said they have none? I have checked MO.
I can't help but think that the clerks office is wrong!
I live in Louisville,KY and it's hard to have access to records.
Is there anyone who could help me? It would be appreciated.
Thanks......Pam

Marriage Records

Pamela D. Fagin (View posts)
Posted: 11 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: WHITTLE, YARBRO
My grandparents(George Cleveland "Cleve" WHITTLE & Mary Phebe YABRO) were married Sept. 20, 1912 in Mississippi County, BUT I cannot find any record! I have called the county clerk. No luck! They were not married in MO. I checked that out.
Is there anyone who could have access to the clerk's office?
All I can figure is the girl in the office didn't do a good check?
PLEASE.....need help.
Thank You,
Pam Fagin

Re: Marriage Records

Posted: 2 Oct 2001 4:54AM GMT
Edited: 9 Mar 2005 8:06AM GMT
Surnames: whittle's, bunch's, Yarbro's
I'll have my sister Charlene notify you when she moves here to TX in mid October. She can tell you all about the whittle's and bunch's and Yarbro's. I also have cousins still there in their 80's. Their name is Davis and they could certainly elaborate on all of it for you. Keep searching and email me with questions. gmaevie@hotmail.com

thanks
cuz? Evie

Re: Marriage Records

Posted: 20 Apr 2008 2:19PM GMT
Surnames: whittle/yarbro
I believe that 16 yr. old was my father Jack Doyle Whittle.My grand mother is mary Phebe yarbro/whittle.My name is LINDA GAIL WHITTLE b:Jan. 19,1951 of Jack Whittle and Betty Enmon (of west memphis).By the way,I'm looking for my half brother of my dads marriage to Mavis Bracken.Please,I'd like to meet you Jeff Whittle. Thanks

Re: Whittle/ Yarbro Family

Posted: 21 May 2008 8:36AM GMT
Surnames: Yarbrough, Tate, Lucas, Malcolm
Pam,
I too have family in the Blytheville area, but they spell the name Yarbrough. These are cousins of my grandfather, Shirley(Boo)Tate, and my grandmother, Rosa Lucas Tate. Buches are also tied in someway and a lady named Zoe who I think was one of the Bunch family.

This is not anything I have researched, just family talk and a trip to Blytheville when I was a child. Part of the Yarbrough family relocated to Denver, most likely in the 1950's. That lady did a family tree, with these names plus Leander Curtis and Martha (Mattie)J Malcolm. I think her work is on the Mormon Church Site.

If you have not already done so; you might try the alternate spelling for Yarbro.

Good Luck,
EdanaDaithi
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions