Search for content in message boards

from Mayville WI area

from Mayville WI area

Annette Klieforth (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: KLIEFOTH, KLIEFORTH, STEINBECK, BUCHEN, LANGENBACH
looking for relatives or information on KLIEFOTH, STEINBECK, BUCHEN AND LANGENBACH My grgrandfather was Wilhelm Johan T. Kliefoth. He came to Mayville with his brother Ernst who married Christina. Their parents came from Mecklenburg, Germany -Heinrich Ludwig C Kliefoth and Dorothy Maria A Steinbeck(remarried Humbach) Wilhelm married Caroline Buchen. Her parents-Arthur A. Buchen and Anna Maria Langenbach.

Re: from Mayville WI area

Posted: 14 Nov 2002 11:45AM GMT
Surnames: Langenbach, Husting, Sauerhering, Henning, Ruedebusch
Hi Annette, I have Husting ancestors from Mayville who married into the Langenbachs, and have some old photos of the Langenbachs. I'm not at home at the moment to more closely check my records, but email me at chrismiasnik@juno.com.

John Langenbach (View posts)
Posted: 26 Aug 2005 11:56AM GMT
Surnames: Langenbach, Schutte
Hi,
3 years after you posted it I found your reference to your family marrying into the Langenbachs. My great grandfather, John Jakob Langenbach & great grandmother Emilie Louasia (Franke) Langenbach lived in Mayville from at least the 1860s to the 1880s. Prior to 1900 they all moved to San Francisco. I'm looking for any information on the family. A son, Ernst (b. 1867) m. Alma Schutte. Others got married in CA. I'm particularly interested in finding out if John Jakob Langenbach, who owned a saloon in Mayville, is related to the John Langenbach who owned a hotel in Theresa.

Posted: 29 Jun 2007 6:20AM GMT
Annette we are from the same family tree and I still reside in Mayville WI with other family members. I hope we can get in touch, would love to hear from you.

Posted: 22 Jul 2009 12:12PM GMT
Surnames: Langenbach, Quast
I am still trying to discover a relationship, if there is one, between John Langenbach (b. 1830 to Elizabeth Quast and Johann Langenbach, and married into the Hustings family in WI) and John Jakob Langenbach (b. 1835 to Elizabth Quast and Mattheis Langenbach and married Emilie Louise Franke). John Jakob immigrated from Prussia in 1851 or '52. John immigrated a few years earlier than this. Both John Jakob's and John's mothers have the name Elizabeth Quast. I suspect that they were cousins or aunt and niece and that John Jakob and John are also cousins or nephew and uncle. There seem to be too many coincidences for there to not be family relationships between the earlier and later Quasts and the earlier and later Langenbachs. Furthermore, of all of the places in the U.S. for John Jakob to settle, he chose Mayville WI, only a few miles from Theresa. At one time John own a hotel and John Jakob owned a saloon. At another time, John Jakob opened the California Hotel in Mayville. Thus, their career directions were even similar (which was also the career direction of John Jakob's father, Mattheis back in Germany). I would truly love to hear from anyone who can throw some light on all of this. What I'm really trying to find is the town in Germany from whence John Jakob emmigrated. Thanks, John Oliver Langenbach

Posted: 30 Aug 2009 2:44PM GMT
Surnames: Langenbach, Franke, Quast, Wagener, Reiffath, Millard
I have recently discovered that John (aka Johannes) married to Marie Hustings and John Jakob (aka Johannes Jakob) married to Louasia Franke, all of Mayville (but born in Prussia) in the mid to late 1800s, are brothers. Their parents are Matthies (aka Matthius/Matthus)Johannes Langenbach and Elisabeth Quast, of Prussia (Germany). Anyone interested may contact me at john_langenbach@hotmail.com. It seems that there are two American branches of Langenbachs who didn't know of one another, at least in our generation. John Jakob and family moved to California in the late 1800s. It is fun to find a bunch of relatives.

Posted: 15 Sep 2011 1:37AM GMT
I just received this message from you a long time ago.

Annette we are from the same family tree and I still reside in Mayville WI with other family members. I hope we can get in touch, would love to hear from you.

For some reason I have not seen the messages from Ancestry prior.

Please write. You can email me at liliane136@yahoo.com
Thank you, Annette

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 3:15PM GMT
Sorry, I have not been active for a long time. My email address is liliane136@yahoo.com
Annette Klieforth
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions