Search for content in message boards

Dave Jefferson Family -- LA? MS?

Dave Jefferson Family -- LA? MS?

Janie (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jul 2000 2:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 Jan 2013 9:19PM GMT
I am seeking my family. My grandfather was Dave Jefferson and it is said that he had a sister named Rosie. My entire immediate family is from Mississipi but we were told that Dave was from Louisiana. He was a U.S. Veteran.

Re: Jefferson's From Mississippi

Posted: 5 Aug 2000 6:13PM GMT
Edited: 31 Jan 2013 9:19PM GMT
Janie,
I am from a line of Jefferson's who are from Mississippi.
What part of Mississippi is your Jefferson's from?
My family was from Itta Bena, MS and Lexington, MS. area.
My grandfather was Ralph Jefferson (aka: R.A. Jefferson).
My great-grandfather was John Jefferson and
my great-great-grandfather was Thomas Jefferson. If you think
there is a connection please e-mail me at: brook425@execpc.com

Cassandra

Re: Dave Jefferson -- from Natchez

Janie (View posts)
Posted: 24 Aug 2000 11:33AM GMT
Edited: 26 Feb 2013 1:27PM GMT
Casandra,
The only thing I know about my Jefferson family is that my grandfather's name was Dave Jefferson and he had a sister named Rosir Lee Jefferson. We are from Natchez but I think my grandfather was originally from Louisianal.

Re: Dave Jefferson

Posted: 29 Jan 2013 5:32AM GMT
Edited: 31 Jan 2013 9:20PM GMT
hello how are you. im trying to connect the dots as well. i had a great uncle by the name of dave jefferson. His father was born in tensas parish 5 ward. His dad name was richard jefferson

Posted: 26 Feb 2013 7:50PM GMT
Hmmm...The Dave Jefferson that I'm related to is actually Harrison Jefferson Jr...Dave was his stage name...he played the drums for people like BB King, Albert King, Johnny Taylor...and a lot of other blues entertainers from Chicago to Ms... Itta Bena is right there next to Greenville...if we can tie Charlie Jefferson to John or Ralph...then we're related.

Posted: 4 Mar 2013 1:28AM GMT
Charlie jefferson or aka Charles jefferson if this is the same person is my great granddad brother. He had a son name John and wife name Nancy jefferson. Charlie or Charles was born in 1866 to a Richard and Catherine jefferson. If this is the same person.

Posted: 5 Mar 2013 5:13PM GMT
Hmmmm....all this sounds about right....but I can't verify...All I know is that Charlie was my Grandfather's Dad...my grandfather had 11 childrens...Dave(Harrison Jr) being the baby...Rosies,Pauline, Ida, Buck(Henry), Lizzie, Corrine, Buck, Ernest, Marie and Rufus. Lived in Colored Colony, James Crossing, Longwood and in Greenville.

Posted: 5 Mar 2013 5:17PM GMT
Also, there's a Branch of Jeffersons in the area(Colored Colony right outside of Greenville) that's mentioned in the book 'Once Upon A Time When We Were Colored'.....I've been trying to find out if they're connected to our tree...

Posted: 7 Mar 2013 8:57PM GMT
That's sound interesting,because my relatives lived in bolivar county before they moved to Greenville. My granddad name was Eddie Jefferson and he was born in bolivar county. My great granddad was name Richard jefferson and his dad was name Richard also. My great grandad had 6 sisters and two brothers including himself. Which is Charles jefferson. They called my granddad buck. This mother name was lula jefferson. I had a great uncle name Dave jefferson. His nick name was uncle hoodie.

Posted: 7 Mar 2013 9:01PM GMT
Was your great granddad born in Louisiana. 5th ward tensas Parrish. 5th ward.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic