Search for content in message boards

Helen Beattie Scott (c1878-1962)

Helen Beattie Scott (c1878-1962)

Chalmers Dobson (View posts)
Posted: 6 Aug 1999 4:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Scott, Butler, Dobson
I am attempting to trace my Grandmother's ancestry. She was related to Sir Walter Scott, lived in the Glasgow area, and married Butler Butler, also known as Butler Dobson, with children Joseph(Joe), Thomas(Tommy) Richard (Dick) all doctors graduated from Glasgow, daughters Ella and Esther. Children born between 1900 and 1911.
Can you help? My father was Richard Butler Dobson. All males in the family carry the Butler as their final forename,

Re: Helen Beattie Scott (c1878-1962)

Posted: 21 Oct 2007 7:49PM GMT
Hi There,

I don't know if you are still reading this message board but I think it's worth trying to make contact.

My G Grandfather was called Thomas Beattie Scott and was born in Scotland around 1866/1867.

I don't know what part of Scotland but I do know that his father was also called Thomas and was a Manager, possibly in the Linen or insurance business (I can't confirm which business).

What grabbed my attention was, obviously the name but also that I have been told that our Scott line is decended from Sir Walter Scott also.

My G Grandfather died in Belfast in 1853.

I hope to hear from you.

Lesley Scott

Posted: 7 Aug 2008 6:19AM GMT
Edited: 8 Aug 2008 12:22AM GMT
Surnames: Scott, Anderson, Burgess
Just fishing. My Gran,s name was Helen Russell Scott she M James Anderson. She was born 1900-05 ish.Her Father was Thomas and her mother was Jeanette Burgess. Glasgow area I believe.My farthers name was Walter and we also believe our line is from Sir Walter.

Thanks

Posted: 7 Jul 2009 3:16PM GMT
Edited: 11 Feb 2013 1:14PM GMT
Surnames: Anderson, Dobson
There has to be a connection! We have Anderson links, my father was very friendly with 'Jock' Anderson. Jim Anderson was mentioned by my Dad, Dr Richard Butler Dobson

Posted: 11 Feb 2013 11:46AM GMT
Surnames: Fleming-scott
I am also from the same family my grandparents are trying to peace some of this together there last names are fleming-Scott they have a family bible that was handed down to them!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions