Search for content in message boards

Walkers from the Netherlands

Walkers from the Netherlands

Posted: 7 Feb 2013 3:38AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Walker, Terpstra, Buursma
Hello I'm Dutch by descent and I am a descendant of a Gerrit Caspers Walker who had a daughter named Hiltje Gerrits Walker (1772-1840) She married Minze Douwes Buursma (1770-1839). Gerrit's wife was Hiltje Klases. As far as I know, Gerrit was born in the Netherlands. I'd like to know if I could have help tracing the name Walker back further. Any help would be appreciated.
Michael Terpstra, Lansing IL USA

Re: Walkers from the Netherlands

Posted: 8 Feb 2013 1:09AM GMT
I did a quick search and found the following:

Gerrit's wife name is also been spelt as Hiltje Klazes in the death record of Gerrit's daughter, Hiltje Gerrits Walker, who died in Ferwerderadeel, Friesland, Netherlands on 9 SEP 1840 at age 68. Hiltje Gerrits Walker's husband has his name spelt as Menze Douwes Buursma.

I found a death certificate for a Hiltje Klase for 27 december 1816 in Ameland ( a West Frisian island), Friesland, Netherlands. Her age at death is listed as 72, which would make her birth date about 1744. No spouse or parents are listed in the record result.

Will keep looking though

Posted: 8 Feb 2013 2:20AM GMT
Put the ame Gerrit Caspers Walker onto google. There are about 20 messages which discuss him and wife and children, many who died young..........All in Dutch, mostly discussed on Yahoo groups.

Posted: 8 Feb 2013 2:32AM GMT
Gerrit Caspers Walker
Gehuwd met (1) Hiltje Klazes,
kinderen:
Grietje Gerrijts Walker, ~15-4-1770 te Ferwerd
Hiltje Gerrijts Walker, ~26-4-1772 te Ferwerd (na het overlijden van haar
moeder)
Gehuwd op 15-11-1772 te Ferwerd met (2) Baafke Lijkeles,
kinderen:
Lijkele Gerrits Walker, *9-9-1773,~3-10-1773 te Ferwerd
Kasper Gerrits Walker, *26-10-1774, ~27-11-1774 te Ferwerd

Posted: 8 Feb 2013 9:10AM GMT
Internet searches suggest Gerrit Casper Walkers was born approx between 1740-1750 and was a master blacksmith in the village of Ferwerd, the capital of the municipality Ferwerderadeel , in the Dutch province of Friesland.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions