Search for content in message boards

Charles E. Peterson, and his wives

Charles E. Peterson, and his wives

Posted: 21 Feb 2013 5:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Peterson, Oglesby, Johns, Valentine, Machus, Kempka
Not sure if I am in the right location, but here goes. I am looking for the possible parents of Charles E. Peterson [ last name MIGHT of also been spelled Peteri ] He was born in Sweden on 1 Sept 1886 and Emmigrated in 1880 and settled in Norway and Gasstra Michigan. He married a set of sisters. first to Pauline [ or Polly ] unknown last name, whom was born in Norway. Don't have anything else on her other than she died in Norway Michigan USA before 1901. Her sister, Hilda was Charles's second wife. Hilda C. [ or P., Unknown last name ] was born in 9 Nov 1880 in Norway and emmigrated in 1891 to settle in Norway Michigan. She died 11 Feb 1963 in Gasstra Michigan. Any help at all on him and either of his wives, would be appreciated, and thank you for your time.
Donna
dloglesby57@yahoop.com
P.S If records are not in English, is there a way to translate them so I can understand them?? Thanks

Re: Charles E. Peterson, and his wives

Posted: 21 Feb 2013 5:51PM GMT
You are in the Netherlands or dutch board.We have no connection to Sweden.
Try the general Western Europ board at http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.weurope.general/mb.ash...

Posted: 23 Feb 2013 10:12AM GMT
I wasn't sure where I should go for this and why I just chose this board.. will go to the other, thank you for the link.

Posted: 4 Mar 2013 1:48AM GMT
The sisters you are looking for, Pauline and Hilda were my grandfathers sisters who's last name is also Peterson. Pauline and Charles had 3 children Edward, Annie and William.In the 1900 census Annie and William are living with their grandparents Peter and Hannah Peterson. Edward must be living with Charles somewhere else. Charles married Hilda Peterson on Dec. 20, 1902 in Norway, Michigan.

Posted: 4 Mar 2013 2:27AM GMT
Just looked at some paperwork I have and found Charles Peterson Married record to Hilda Peterson. Recored #1748 Vol 1, Dickinson County, Michigan.
Age,35, Birthplace-Sweden, one previous marriage (Pauline). Father is John E. Peterson and Mother Caroline Erickson. Hope this helps.

Posted: 4 Mar 2013 10:57PM GMT
Helps a great deal. tells me that Charles's Parents also came over and settled in Dickinson County...would of gotten back here sooner, but been sick for a while...
Thank you ever so much.
Donna

Posted: 4 Mar 2013 11:13PM GMT
what you have just told me, is that your line and my husband's line are related:-)Charles E. Peterson is the Grandparents to my husband's Aunt Carol Mae [ Dauzy ], whom married my Hudsband;s Uncle Alvin Louis Johns. [ Both still living ] Charles's one son, Edward Carl peterson was married to Dorothy Mae Bedard. Togehter they had 4 children, one of which was Fairryl Mae Peterson, whom married Louis A. Dauzy... Together they had 7 children, one of them being our Aunt Carol.

Charles E. Peterson born 1 Sept 1866 in Sweden, arrived in 1880 to Ellis Island New york, and later settled in Norway Michigan, Dickinson, where he married Pauline K. Pedersaddter on 24 Aug 1889. Together they had 3 kids, as you later mentioned. Pauline died possibly Norway Michigan, I am STILL trying to find out exactly where, and Charles E. then went to marry HER sister, Hilda Petrine Pedersadtter on 17 Dec 1902, also in Norway Michigan, and had 4 more children. At some point after 1910, they moved to Gaastra Michigan, Iron County. The Town name at that time was called Stambaugh, which was later combines with Caspin township. Charles is buried at the Stambaugh Cemetery, as is Hilda, and the last three of their children.

Donna

Posted: 6 Mar 2013 12:07AM GMT
Donna,
Love hearing from people searching the same families as I am. I am not sure,just because his parents names were on his marriage certificate, that Charles parents immigrated here or not. I was told by Hannah Peterson-LaFreniere's daughter Jeannett Pearson that Pauline died in Oregan and Charles returned to Michigan. I googled and found Hilda and Charles obituaries. I did alot of research in Dickinson County about 18 years ago. FYI Hilda and Pauline were my grandpa Ole Petersons sisters.Keep in touch!!!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions