Search for content in message boards

Need Help Translating 1819 Birth Record

Need Help Translating 1819 Birth Record

Posted: 1 May 2013 2:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bakker
I am hoping someone can help me translate the attached birth record, which belongs to my Great-Great-Great-Grandfather, Jacob Bakker (sorry it's the entire document!). I am struggling to accurately read the handwriting and am afraid of missing some important details.

He was born on 9 July 1819 in Rotterdam. His father's name is also Jacob Bakker and his mother's name is Willemina van der Linde.

Much appreciation to anyone willing to help me with this!!!

Robin
Attachments:

Re: Need Help Translating 1819 Birth Record

Posted: 2 May 2013 5:56PM GMT
Edited: 2 May 2013 6:16PM GMT
Hi Robin,

Here we go.....

In the year one thousand eight hundred and nineteen, the ninth of July in the afternoon, appeared before us, Mayor of the city of Amsterdam, clergyman of the civil registration:

Anna Margaretha van Koukerkke, housewife of Willem Fiege, aged fifty one years, city midwife, living on the Delftschevaart G 365 in this city, who has declared to us that on the ninth these (i.e. this month and year), at one o'clock at night, in a certain house situated in the Bagijnenstraat G 217, was born a child of the male gender, of who she proposed to us to give the same (i.e. the child) the first name of JACOB and which (i.e. this) child was born from Willemina van der Linde, housewife of Jacob Bakker, both residing in the Bagijnenstraat G 217.

This declaration and proposal is made in the presence of Dirk Arnoldus Berg, aged thirty eight years, exciseman (...illegible) and mayor of this city, residing in the Gasthuissteeg I 428, and of Willem van Aalst, aged fifty eight years, sergeant (….illegible), residing in the Torenstraat G 208.

And the declarant and witnesses, after submission, have signed this birth certificate below.

I hope this helps...

Kind regards,
Marianne

Re: Need Help Translating 1819 Birth Record

Posted: 2 May 2013 8:53PM GMT
Wow, Marianne. You are amazing. Thank you so very much!

Robin
per page

Find a board about a specific topic