Search for content in message boards

Lewis Johnson

Lewis Johnson

Posted: 15 Oct 2011 11:21AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello

I am looking for my grandfather's cousin Lewis Johnson.

Lewis was born in April 1903 Stockton, Tooele, Utah. He parents were Lars and Mary Johnson. He had two sisters, Irene and Hilga and a brother, Oscar.

1930, Lewis lived in Salt Lake City, Utha with Mary, Irene and Hilga. He worked as a telephone lineman.

I would be interested in what happened after the 1930th. Was Lewis married? Did he move? When did he die?

I am grateful for any information or advice how I can get the information.

Anne

Re: Lewis Johnson

Posted: 23 Nov 2011 6:47AM GMT
Hi Anne,
The 1930 Census is the most recent Census available to the public at this time. In April 2012 the 1940 Census will be released to the public, however, it will probably take one year to index it.

Marriage records are sealed in Utah for 100 years after the marriage date unless you're looking for your own marriage records.

The death index ends in 1958 and those records too are sealed for 100 years.

There are some other ideas about how to look up a person's death date at www.archives.utah.gov.gov/research/indexes/20842.htm.

I'd look for Mary's death date first and then find her obituary. Hopefully her children will be listed in the obituary and where they were living when she died. Successful Searching!

Posted: 23 Nov 2011 6:52AM GMT
just saw your September post which contained more info. will do more research tomorrow.

Posted: 26 Nov 2011 1:02AM GMT

Posted: 12 Feb 2013 9:03AM GMT
Hello.

I recently found a photo of Lewis as a child. Image is probably taken in November 1903rd On the back it says that Lewis is 1 year and 3 months. This means that he was not born april 1903.
I´m still looking for clues to what happened to Lewis. I have not found him in the 1940s censuses.

Anne
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions