Search for content in message boards

Gibbs of Burke Co. NC

Gibbs of Burke Co. NC

Posted: 25 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Mar 2002 10:16PM GMT
Surnames: GIBBS, MASHBOURN, CONNELLY
Looking for Robert Gibbs who left messages on this board in 1998 as gibbsdoc@netsites.net. This address is no longer good and would like to communicate with you about the Gibbs and Connelly/Mashbourn families of Burke Co.

My husband is descendent of the John Gibbs/Elizabeth Connelly and his son James/Rebecca Mashbourne. They moved on to Blount Co, Al and there are several more generations still there.

James Gibbs

Posted: 16 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 7:11PM GMT
Surnames: Gibbs, Finley, Mashborn, Connelly
I am descended from John Gibbs and Rebecca Connelly. James was their son. I had no idea he went to Alabama. John was born 11 March 1755 and died 26 January 1847. Rebecca was born 1 Feb 1756 and died 15 January 1847. Both are buried in Obeth Cemetery, Burke County, NC. If you are interested will share.

Rev. John Gibbs

Posted: 23 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Sep 2005 2:45AM GMT
Surnames: Gibbs
I descend from Rev. John and Rebecca Connelly Gibbs. Their son William is my 4th Great Grandfather. Am still searching for Rev. John's parents. Does anyone have any info they are willing to share? Please email: dnorton@mhc.edu Thanks.

John Gibbs

Posted: 24 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 7:11PM GMT
Surnames: Gibbs, Connelly, Finley
I can't tell you who his parents are but his father is not Zacharias Gibbs 1704-1773. His children were born 1729-1747. Rev. John was born in 1755. I keep seeing his birth as 1729 and his death as 1847...118 years old. Zacharias did have a son, John, born in 1729, but doubt if it was Rev. John, what do you think? Carol

Re: Rev. John Gibbs

Sandra Mitchell (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 2005 5:12PM GMT
Did son, William Gibbs, marry an Elibabeth Connelly? From a descendant of Nimrod Elliott, I have them named as the parents of Rebecca M. [Mashburn] Gibbs who became the second wife of Nimrod Elliott and then parents of Elmira [Mira] Jane Elliott who married my great-grandfather, John H. Morris.

Re: James Gibbs

Posted: 5 Jan 2007 6:21AM GMT
Surnames: Gibbs Connelly
I am descended from John Gibbs and Rebecca Connelly through their son Joshua Gibbs. Are you still researching on this line? I'd be very interested in exchanging information. I've just started, so I may not have too much to offer.

Re: James Gibbs

Posted: 12 Jan 2007 12:44AM GMT
what information can i help you with? Carol gibbs bishop

Re: John Gibbs

Posted: 10 Aug 2008 6:20PM GMT
I am also a descendant of John Gibbs and Rebeccah Connelly. I have Zacharias Gibbs as his father, but have no confirmation of that information. I have been to John Gibbs gravesite in Obeth Cemetery. There is a marker placed by the DAR which says he was born in 1755 and died in 1847. I have pictures of his and Rebeccah's graves.

Posted: 10 Mar 2011 7:31PM GMT
I am a descendant of Rev John Gibbs and Rebecca Connelly. They are my 4th GGrandparents. I am through son Archibald. (William also had a son named Archibald and Archibald had one also called Arch A). I have successfully joined the Sons of the American Revolution through John. I would also love to know John's parents with proof. None of the lines have any proof and there is quite a bit of proof that most are wrong. I have a copy of a letter that was written to Washington DC in the 20's that says his middle name is Nicholas. Possible but no other proof. Contact me if you are interested. Have a great day. Terry Gibbs

Posted: 12 Mar 2011 3:30AM GMT
Hi Terry, I am interested in finding the parents of Rev. John Gibbs. I have searched and searched, but can find nothing. I'm not sure that Nicholas was his middle name either. I can't find any early documents with the initial or the name. Wish I could have been more helpful.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions