Search for content in message boards

Weinhart and/or Fish

Weinhart and/or Fish

Posted: 4 Feb 2003 11:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Feb 2003 11:04PM GMT
I am looking for information on Joseph Weinhart and/or his wife Beulah Fish. They arrived in Dallas County in the early 1850's with her family from Pennsylvania. He died in 1860. She remarried the following year. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Weinhart and/or Fish

Posted: 11 Jul 2004 6:51PM GMT
Beaulia Fish b. 27 Jun 1833, Stroudsberg, Monroe Co, PA
d. 25 Jan 1928, IA
daughter of Abner H Fish b.1 Jan 1795 PA d. 6 Dec 1891 IA
and Margaret Kettle b. 10 Jan 1807 d. 8 Nov 1866 IA

She married Joseph Wienhart abt 1850 in Monroe Cnty, PA (4 children)
Beaulia married three more guys - Sylvanus Knight m. 26 Aug 1860 (2 children), James Crabtree, and Washington K Bennett (after 1895).

Let me know if you want more info. I have a little more.

Terry Fish

Les Marcuson (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jul 2004 8:11PM GMT
Thanks for the reply. Beulah and Joseph Weinhart are my ggg-grandparents. Their son Lorenzo is my gg-grandfather.I have pretty much all of the dates and family members of the Weinhart and Fish (Abner and Beulah) families. I am especially interested in Joseph Weinhart. I would like to know more about him especially where he came from in Germany. Do you have any idea what the H. stands for in Abner's middle name? I have always wondered about that. I would be glad to share any of my information about the Fish family with you. Thanks.

-Les-

Posted: 12 Jul 2004 4:36AM GMT
Well, no idea what the H is for in Abner's MI, I've often wondered myself. I've often wondered what the K stood for in William K (Beaulia's brother). Initials are notoriously hard to fill in.

Joseph Weinhart came from Black Forest area, b. abt 1822 d. 27 Feb 1860 Dallas County, IA. Beyond that I haven't found much.

I have 4 children for Lorenzo, Elsia, Bertha, Josie and Alice...
as listed in the 1895 IA census.

Les Marcuson (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jul 2004 9:16PM GMT
Thanks.

-Les-

Posted: 26 Jun 2005 10:46PM GMT
Hello Terry,
Wondering if you have any info on the siblings and parents of Abner Fish? I recently discovered that an ancestor of mine, a Nancy Fish Taber went to the Des Moines Township area in Dallas County from upstate New York. She apparently died there in 1894 according to the transcript for the Xenia Cemetery. Wondering if she was perhaps related to Abner? Nancy, a widow, came from Schuyler County, New York and I feel that she must have went to Iowa to be near family? In some census records she is shown to be born in PA.

Terry Fish (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jun 2005 7:27AM GMT
Yes I do!
Nancy is the sister of Abner, daughter of Ashbel (Asa) Fish and Mary (Polly) ?. Asa is the son of John Fish and (we think) Ann Amelia How.
I have a couple of websites for you:
http://www.aracnet.com/~toady/FamilyHistory/JohnFish/
and http://www.dallas.net/~mcmanus/fish_dir.htm.
Several researchers of this line think that this John Fish b. abt 1730 in NJ and d. 1798 PA is the link to the Fish line to England.
Nancy was b. 4 Jul 1818 in NY and d. 23 Sep 1894 in Dallas Cny IA.

Posted: 27 Jun 2005 3:35PM GMT
Surnames: Fish, Taber
Wow! Your site is quite informative. I am indirectly related to Nancy C. Fish Taber but directly related to her brother John R. Fish. I thought that they may have been related before but now it is confirmed. John R. Fish was my 4th great grandfather, I am descended from Marinda Fish Taber, his daughter. Her daughter Martha Taber was my 2nd great grandmother. I will contact you off board to share info if you like.

Posted: 27 Jun 2005 3:36PM GMT
I forgot to mention that the link to the Fish - Mcmanus site does not seem to work.

Terry Fish (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jun 2005 5:39PM GMT
Sure - info is welcome!
If given enough info (and if you wanted to do it) - I can add your name in the website to show your descendant "route".
The McManus site is http://www.dallas.net/~mcmanus/fish_dir.htm
That's an underscore in fish_dir and htm not html.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions