Search for content in message boards

Pryor (William J.P.) Pryor; Casady;Setser

Pryor (William J.P.) Pryor; Casady;Setser

Pat M (View posts)
Posted: 25 Mar 2004 5:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McCoy;Casady;James(?);Setser
Further information on the following family would be appreciated:
Mel Salyer is the son of Flora (McCoy) Salyer. Flora's parents were Pryor (William J.P.) McCoy and Alta (Casady)McCoy. Pryor McCoy was married 3 times, probably all in Martin County. We are trying to find marriage dates for #1 Alta Casady in 1902; #2 Flora (James, we think) in 1916-1917; #3 Ursle(Irsle/Ursula) Setser in 1920. After 1924, the McCoy/Setser family moved to Ohio then Michigan.
We would also like to know who the parents of Pryor (William J.P) McCoy are.
Any help would be apreciated. Please contact us at patigenie@yahoo.com
Pat M

Re: Pryor (William J.P.) McCoy; Casady;Setser

Pat M (View posts)
Posted: 29 Mar 2004 6:44PM GMT
Surnames: McCoy; Cassady; Setser
Correction to original posting.
The subject is Pryor (William J.P.) McCoy; Casady; Setser.
Any information regarding the marriages of Pry McCoy to Alta Casady(Cassidy); Lora (possibly James) and Ursule Setser would be appreciated by the Salyer family.
Thanks
Pat

Vonnie (View posts)
Posted: 30 Mar 2004 9:00PM GMT
I am sorry, but none of these names look familiar to me.

Vonnie (View posts)
Posted: 30 Mar 2004 9:00PM GMT
I am sorry, but none of these names look familiar to me.

Pat M (View posts)
Posted: 1 Apr 2004 11:23PM GMT
Vonnie, thank you for posting a reply. These people all lived in Martin county near Inez and can be found in the 1910 & 1920 census. Alta (Casady) McCoy is listed in the Martin county death records of 1916 but I don't know where she is buried.
There is a large family of McCoys that can be found in one of the books written about the history of Kentucky and Martin county. I thought for sure there would be some kind of marriage information for them.
Thank you anyway.
Pat and some of the Salyer family from Magoffin county.

Posted: 21 Sep 2004 11:31PM GMT
Surnames: mccoy,martin,pryor.
i'm some rahlated but havent got that far yets

Posted: 21 Sep 2004 11:31PM GMT
Surnames: mccoy,martin,pryor.
i'm some rahlated but havent got that far yets

Re: Pryor (William J.P.) Pryor; Casady;Setser

Posted: 26 Jul 2005 3:58PM GMT
Pat M: MY HUSBAND IS THE NEPHEW OF ALTA CASSADY MCCOY. ALTA 'S PARENTS WERE WILLIAM HUTT AND PEARLINE COLLINSWORTH CASSADY AND THEY LIVED IN MARTIN COUNTY THEN KERMIT WV. YOU MIGHT TRY MINGO COUNTY WV FOR MARRIAGE RECORDS OR FLOYD CO. KY. ALTA IS BURIED ON RT 3, SOUTH (MIDDLEFORK) IN MARTIN COUNTY. WOULD LIKE TO HERE FROM MY HUSBAND 'S COUSINS. SEND E-MAIL TO (redtaurus50@hotmail.com) EVE CASSADY

evEve Cassady (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jul 2005 8:25PM GMT
Pat:
Alta McCoy was a Cassady daughter of Pearline and Hutt Cassady. She is buried on Middlefork Road, Rt. 3, South of Inez. She is my husband's aunt. We would like to know more about her children. Send reply to the e-mail address above. Eve

Re: Pryor (William J.P.) Pryor; Casady;Setser

Posted: 15 Mar 2009 5:16PM GMT
Pat,
Alta Casada was my Grand Mother. She was one of three Daughter Pryor had during his marriage to Alta. The other two sisters wer Flora and Lorlee. There were at least four Brothers born during this marriage. They were Herman, Albert, Red (nick name) and Couch (Don't know any other name for him). The Brothers are all dead now. Flora and My Mother Marie are also dead. Lorlee is still living in a nursing home in the Dalles Orgon. She is 95 years old now.

Flora married Joe Salyer. They settled in Knox, IN and lived most of their lives there. My mother Marie married Bazz Allen and they lived most of their lives in Knox also. Bazz nd Joe worked on the Nickle for the most part of their working years.

Marie and Bazz had five children, Me James,Edwin, Ronald, Joyce. and Elevin. Edwin and I, are all that remain of our family.

Flora and joe had five children also. They are Melvin,Jauntia, Delorse,Larry and Marion. Melvin passed away in late 2006.

I learned from reading post on this site that alta Died in 1916. Pryor married Lora shortly after alta's death. She died not too long after that.

I'm not sure when he married Ursle. I remember us going to Marshal Michigan to visit them when I was 7 or 8 years old. Pryor lived with us and Flora's family in his later years.
They had several children. I'm not too family with their names.

That is about all I can remember. If you find out any more I would like to hear from you.

James Allen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic