Search for content in message boards

Wisniewski

Wisniewski

Euphemia Rybicki (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wisniewski
My g.g.grandmother was Katarzyna Wisnieski, (on my father's side), born in Bukowiec, 9-27-1811. She died in Chicago, 11-14-1901. She first married a man named Grochocki. When she was widowed, she married my great grandfather, Stanislaus Ratkowski.

On my mother's side, my grandparents, Peter and Lucy Tomczak came to Manistee, MI in 1882.
They lived at 610 Ramsdale St. until he died in 1903 and she moved with their children to Chicago. If you find any connection, lease let me know. Thanks, Euphemia (Ratkowski) Rybicki

Re: Wisniewski

Posted: 23 Aug 2001 9:53PM GMT
Edited: 7 Feb 2003 4:02AM GMT
hi! husbands side has a catherine wisniewski(cierpiszewski) born in menneota mn. 1890. she was married to frank wisniewski. these are husbands grandparents.Ihave heard the name tomzak before. will have to ask husband about that name. do you know any Tomas or tomaszewski? or Rye, Wines? Good luck to you. sue&frank

Euphemia Rybicki (View posts)
Posted: 23 Aug 2001 10:19PM GMT
My great grandmother, Katherine Wisniewski, was born in 1811, so that is too early for you. However, However, Paul Tomaszewski (Tomas) was the godfather of my aunt, Anna Tomczak, who was born in Manistee 7/21/1887 and baptized 7/22/1887 at St. Joseph's Church there. She died 8/21/1887. Paul died 1/2/194 at age 90. His parents were Boguslaw & Frances. Does that coincide with your info.? Euphemi Rybicki

Posted: 24 Aug 2001 1:30AM GMT
Edited: 7 Feb 2003 4:02AM GMT
we are researching our wisniewski ancestery.they two come from manistee. husbands greatgrandfather pawel wisniewski born ur 29 czer 1850 austria poland. he also was county commisoner manistee co. mich. his father was victor wisniewski husbands ggreatgrandfather. victor was born russia-poland.pawels mothers maiden name was Jilluikiewicz sp?she was born austria.husband said, some how wisniewski-tomaszewski(tomas)are cousins? he also has a cousin who married a richard Tomczak.does this fit in your lines? sue&frank

Re: Wisniewski-Tomczak

Posted: 27 Dec 2001 7:30PM GMT
Edited: 19 Mar 2002 11:22PM GMT
We are second cousins to Tomazewski through Caroline Wisniewski.We are also cousins with Tomczak.Please E-mail us at thunder@tcinterent.net

Re: Wisniewski-Tomaszewski-Tomas

Sue Wines (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 2003 3:16AM GMT
Caroline Wisniewski married Jan Tomaszewski aka John Tomas in 1898. Is this the same branch? Regards Sue

Posted: 24 Jun 2009 12:03AM GMT
I have a relative who married a Frank Tomaszewski from Manistee area. I don't know her first name but I know her maiden name was Nradford and her parents were Hazel and Lawrence Bradford. She had a sister who was married to a Dale Bahr. She died on her family farm while doing some electrical work. I thin it must of been in 1956 or 1957. Plese let me know if you are related to this family.

Thanks, susan

Posted: 26 Jun 2009 12:26AM GMT
Surnames: TOMASZEWSKI, BRADFORD, DAWES, TRITTEN, BAHR
"Find A Grave" website has the burial records for both Frank John TOMASZEWSKI and his wife Bell BRADFORD. They are buried in the Trinity Lutheran Cemetery in Manistee County.

Belle H. BRADFORD was born 21 March 1921, Belding, Ionia County, Michigan. She was the daughter of Lawrence BRADFORD and Hazel DAWES. She died 16 December 2004, Lee County, Florida. Graduated from Manistee High School in 1939. Married Frank John TOMASZEWSKI on 17 November 1940 in Manistee. They were parents of three children: Paul, Karen, John.

Frank John TOMASZEWSKI was born 27 Feb 1922, Manistee, Manistee County, Michigan. He was the son of Joseph TOMASZEWSKI and Ethel TRITTEN. He died 10 July 1993 in Hernando County, Florida.

I knew Dale BAHR of Manistee, but not his wife.

I do not believe I am related to the line you are researching, but I hope this helps you progress in your research.

Posted: 27 Jun 2009 2:36PM GMT
Thanks so much for the info. I really appreciate it and it helps in my research.

I was wondering if you could look up an Edwin Pelarski. He was married to Belle Hazel Bradford Tomaszewski's sister. I don't know her name either. They lived in Manistee I think.

Thanks,
Susan

Re: PELARSKI Family

Posted: 27 Jun 2009 3:57PM GMT
Surnames: BRADFORD, PELARSKI, DAWES, MATERNOWSKI,
You requested information on Edwin, but the gravestones show the given name Edward. There is a slight discrepancy.

Laura Jane BRADFORD PELARSKI
Birth: Jan. 20, 1923 in ?, Michigan
Death: Jun. 20, 1984 in Manistee, Manistee County, Michigan

Laura was the daughter of Lawrence BRADFORD and Hazel DAWES. She was married to Edward PELARSKI on 26 April 1947 in Manistee. They were the parents of 1 son; Edward Joseph.

She is buried in Oak Grove Cemetery
Manistee, Manistee County, Michigan

Source: Find A Grave, Memorial# 25249986

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Edward PELARSKI
Birth: May 21, 1912 in Filer City, Manistee County, Michigan
Death: Nov. 20, 1990 in Manistee, Manistee County, Michigan

Edward was the son of Alex PELARSKI and Elizabeth MATERNOWSKI. He was married to Laura BRADFORD on 26 April 1947 in Manistee. They were the parents of 1 son; Edward Joseph.

He is buried in Oak Grove Cemetery

Source: Find A Grave Memorial# 25249976

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Edward Joseph PELARSKI
Birth: Aug. 3, 1947 in Manistee, Maniste County, Michigan
Death: Oct. 18, 2006 in Chicago, Cook County, Illinois

Edward Joseph was the son of Edward PELARSKI and Laura BRADFORD. He graduated from Manistee High School in 1967. He served in the U.S. Navy during the Viet Nam War.

He is buried in Oak Grove Cemetery

Source: Find A Grave Memorial# 25249995

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions