Search for content in message boards

Correction to query

Correction to query

Knifemaker (View posts)
Posted: 26 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Townsend
Please make the following corrections to the query I submitted on Nov. 25. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Townsend, John Wesley, born 1913 in Omaha, NE, son of George Glee
Townsend. Brother of William Townsend. Lived in Lincoln, NE also. For
information and connections please email. Have DAR documentation.
genealogist@workmail.com

Townsend, John Wesley

Peggy Karol (View posts)
Posted: 18 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: ARNOLD, CONNELLY, DEEMS, JENNINGS, McCAULEY, MERCHANT, PARKS, TOWNSEND
I am the granddaughter of Margaret Louise Townsend Merchant, who was the sister of George Glee Townsend. I have quite a bit of information, basically of my grandmother on down which I would be willing to share. In addition I have quite a bit of information on her grandmother and grandfather, Jacob Jennings Deems and Louisa Arnold. Her parents were I. Ora Townsend and Anna Deborah Deems.

I have the DAR applications of my grandmother, her sister Francis Adelaide MaCauley Parks, Cora Townsend (their father's sister) etc. Which DAR applications do you have?

I have a photo of I. Ora Townsend, John Wesley Townsend (his father) my grandmother, Mzargaret Louise Townsend Merchant, and my mother, Margaret Louise Merchant Connelly, (about 6 months) and a man and baby. This baby appears to be about the same age as my mother who was born December 28, 1913. (I didn't know which brother this was as my grandmother had two brothers). Perhaps the man and baby in the picture are George and his son John Wesley.

I would be very interested in exchanging information with you. I will be looking forward to hearing from you. I tried to e-mail a response but the e-mail did not go through. Perhaps we can connect this way.

Peggy Karol

Re: Townsend, John Wesley

Posted: 4 Aug 2001 5:35AM GMT
Edited: 31 May 2002 5:19AM GMT
I have a 4 generation picture, from a newspaper clipping, would like to exhange photos with you.

Re: Townsend, John Wesley

Posted: 24 Apr 2013 8:05PM GMT
Surnames: Townsend
Peggy-

My name is Steven Bryan Townsend and I am the son of John Wesley Townsend, believed to be born in Nebraska in 1913 and orpaned at an early age. He died in November of 1968. It is my understanding that he had at least one son by the same or similar name that would be around the age of 70 +/-, the half brother I never have met. I can be reached at tarrantcountysteve@yahoo.com I have never met or known one single individual on the Townsend side. Thank you for your post.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic