Search for content in message boards

looking for Josiah Barkley parents, Anderson, South Carolina

looking for Josiah Barkley parents, Anderson, South Carolina

Sonya Stephens (View posts)
Posted: 7 Sep 2000 3:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Oct 2004 2:39AM GMT
Surnames: Barkley, Barclay
I am looking for any information on Josiah Barkley b. 7 Feb 1797. I am mainly interested in his mother and father. He was born near Anderson, SC. In my book it shows he had 10 bothers and sisters. His father was born in Ireland, but there was no other info on him. I would like to know his name. I also know Josiah's father had a brother that settled in N. Carolina or Kentucky and changed the spelling to BARCLAY. Any information would be helpful.

Josiah Barkley

Posted: 23 Oct 2000 7:21PM GMT
Edited: 29 Aug 2002 12:01AM GMT
Surnames: Barkley
Have you seen the letter to Josiah Barkley on the Tennessee Gen Web site? Go to Forgotten Letters and search for Barkley.

Re: Josiah Barkley

Posted: 9 Apr 2003 2:02AM GMT
Edited: 25 Oct 2004 2:40AM GMT
I have some information on Josish Barkley. The letter refrenced in the other reply was written by my ancestor William Barkley (my GGG-Grandfather). I also have transscripts of several other letters dated around this time between the SC & AL Barkley's. From all indications I have and in references in this letter and the one's I have, his father is going to be Samuel Barkley b. abt 1755. Several of these Barkley's are buried in Mt. Lookout Cemetary, in Cherokee Co. AL. ...Robby Barkley

Re: looking for Josiah Barkley parents, Anderson, SC

Posted: 23 Oct 2004 5:02PM GMT
Edited: 25 Oct 2004 2:41AM GMT
I have recently found my connection to this family, although I'm not sure exactly which brother I descend from. I would love to hear more about what you have. I will try to email, but I was having trouble reading your email address. If you don't hear from me, please email me at dspence1@academicplanet.com. Thank you!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic