Search for content in message boards

Barter's of Southern Indiana and Southern Illinois

Barter's of Southern Indiana and Southern Illinois

Posted: 8 Jul 2001 5:23PM GMT
I am researching the descendants of John and Mary Foote Barter that moved from England to Posey County Indiana in the early 1800's. I have large file of information on them and their children through the late 1800's. It has been difficult to find information after the early 1900's. I would like to contact any descendants of those Barter families. I currently have about 100 people on my list of descendants. I would be glad to share/exchange this information with anyone who is interested in this family.

Re: Barter's of Southern Indiana and Southern Illinois

Posted: 31 Dec 2001 5:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am an 8th generation decendent of John Barter and Mary Anne Foote. Please let me know what information you have. Thank you,
Cyndi Mehl Wood

Jack Burtis (View posts)
Posted: 31 Dec 2001 10:42PM GMT
I am also the 8th generation from John and Mary Foote Barter. I have a very large file on the Barter Family. I will be glad to send it to you if you would like. I have it in a word document form, that is easy to read with the references listed. Please provide me with an email address where you would like me to send it. I would ask that you provide me with your family file information also. I am happy to share my files, but I have put over two years of work into it, and will only send it in exchange for your family information. Thank you, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Larry Barter (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 2002 1:52PM GMT
Cyndi:

I am sorry, but I have no information on the Barters you mention. My research hit a dead end ( of sorts ) in Nobleboro Maine.

The earliest record of a proven Barter relative of mine is William Barter of Damiriscotta Mills ( now Newcastle ) Maine who married Annah ( Annie ) Waltz of Nobleboro Maine.

If this couple or their children, Samuel R. b 1872 or Augusta b.4/17/1874 married Albert Haines of Nobleboro are in your records, I would be more than willing to share the information I have with you.

Posted: 5 Jan 2002 4:17AM GMT
Surnames: Barter,Hancock,Thompson,Wells,Dunlap, Newby
Mary and John 's son James had a daughter Mary jane who married my g-g-g grandfather in Posey county....Mary Jane James daughter is buried In Bethsaida Cemetery in Posey co. next to her husband Walter Robert Hancock. Would like to share info with you please I have very little on the other barters. Did you know they are suppose to have second site?? one of Mary Janes daughters is said to have had the gift!!! one of mary & John' son s had it and died a hermit..just a tidbit of info..Bev email stonebev@hotmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions