Search for content in message boards

George Washington BROOKS

George Washington BROOKS

Posted: 3 Sep 1999 9:39PM GMT
Edited: 31 Jan 2002 10:34PM GMT
I have been looking for the parents of George
Washington BROOKS for quite a few years now.
According to his Civil War Service Records, he was born in Tennessee in 1833. He married
Sarah Elizabeth DEAN in Searcy County Arkansas in 1854. He died in 1863 in in the
service of the Union Army, and is buried in
the National Cemetery. They had three children. Namely George C. born 1859, John Bailey born 1860, and Sarah Washington M.S.
born 1863. Any help would be appreciated.
Gail I. Brooks

Geo Wash Brooks

Posted: 21 Dec 1999 8:05PM GMT
Edited: 12 Jul 2001 5:20AM GMT
Please contact at my E Mail mmwaw@sprynet.com me as I have other messages from person looking fo your George W Brooks. I also have Brooks in Licking Co Oh and Fayette Co Oh. Too much for posting here.
Maxine Baldwin Brooks

Re: George Washington BROOKS

Posted: 16 Jan 2010 3:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi, I had a grandmother who was Sara Brooks. She died in 1978 outside Rogersville, TN. Her husband was George Washington Brooks.
Her name was Sara Davis Brooks. I was 17 when she died and she used her maiden name as her middle name. She had 7 children. Johnny, Mary, James, Mattie(my great grandmother) Carl, Monzel and George. The only two remaining children are Carl and Monzel and they live outside Rogersville.
Maybe there was confusion in that the names were similar but at least this may help you.

Posted: 5 Jan 2011 7:54PM GMT
I am from a small community in Eastern North Carolina. The community is one in which in the olden days, the people intermarried although they were related. I have a great-great-great-great grandmother named Mary Polly Ann Brooks and she had a brother named George Washington Brooks. I'm wondering if my Brooks family is related to the Brooks family that you mentioned. I'm in the process of conducting research on both my mother and father's sides of the family. It's interesting.

Posted: 13 Dec 2013 10:12PM GMT
Father: Richard Brooks
Mother: Priscilla Hale
Lived in Newton County, Arkansas, buried in Old Dodson Cemetery, Newton County, Arkansas.

They are my 3rd great-grandparents.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic