Etienne Pigarouisnunepiresi m. Marguerite Pataouabanoukone

Etienne Pigarouisnunepiresi m. Marguerite Pataouabanoukone

Don Cardoza (View posts)
Posted: 3 Feb 2004 6:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Apr 2004 11:36AM GMT
Surnames: Pigarouisnunepiresi, Pataouabanoukone
Seeking any info on two of my ancestors:
Etienne Pigarouisnunepiresi and his wife, Marguerite Pataouabanoukone. Their daughter, Marguerite Pigarouiche, (1647-1682) was my 6x great grandmother. Her granddaughter, Catherine Marie Matanakiwan (Nipissing) was from Oka.

Re: Etienne Pigarouisnunepiresi m. Marguerite Pataouabanoukone

Ken (View posts)
Posted: 7 Mar 2005 11:16PM GMT
Dear Don,
The last names of Etienne and Marguerite are Indian names spelled in French. If you can find out how they are spelled in Indian it would help a great deal. The Indians in Quebec spell their Indian names correctly now. As for your other relative who is listed from Oka. The Algonquins did move to Oka and lived with the Mohawks there. Some Algonquins went back to their reserves in northern Quebec. She may have stayed at Oka or went back to her traditional lands. Some of the Algonquin Indians in Quebec speak French and some speak English and French. Those names you gave at the beginning are definitely French. I know a few Algonquins from those northern reserves in Quebec.

carol hamp (View posts)
Posted: 20 Nov 2006 12:52AM GMT
Hi, I don't know if you are still researching Etienne and Marguerite or if you already have found this history. If not I published an article in the Michigan Habitant Heritage magazine in vol. 9#3 in July. Etienne was a medicine man mentioned quite a few times in the Jesuit Relations. If you are still interested email me at carolhamp@ispmgt.com. They were also my grandparents thru their daughter who married St. Germain. Carol

Posted: 9 Nov 2009 2:51PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Lorraine
Hie there;
well, this is getting to be very interesting for me, I'm in the process of looking into my family tree with the help of some 'professionals' , and I came across this name of " Marguerite Pigarouiche" I beleive her parents where 'Etienne Pigarouiche and Marguerite Oupitaouabamoukou', I've just discovered that this great Grand-father of mine is a Medicine man of all things ,and I found a little bit of info , but I'm still very much interested in his family tree and all, ,...You mentioned that you have an article on Him and no doudt on his family tree, Can you help me in this, can you send me a copy or email it to me, I would appreciate it very much. We are probably related somehow, wow, this is a small world and it keeps getting smaller, I'm a direct descendant of Marie Renee Lamoureux and her fathers name was Pierre Lamoureux. I'm also looking into Marguerite Oupitaouabamoukou side of her family. hope you can help me in this ,
My email adress is ' ljricardo@iinetnet.au '
I'm French Canadian but now live in Australia with my Husband who is Australian Portuguese/Timorese
Hope to hear from you soon,
Regards
Lorraine Ricardo.

Posted: 10 Nov 2009 2:08PM GMT
Surnames: Pigarouiche
I tried to send you an email, but the address you left in your message does not work. You can e-mail me at:

Don.Cardoza@baltimorecity.gov

Nice to hear from you, cousin.

Posted: 10 Nov 2009 2:49PM GMT
Hie again, nice to hear from you, I just looked at my email address and I seem to have left out a dot , in any case I'll give you my email here , it's
( ljricardo@iinet.net.au ) hope this works, anyway it's good to hear from you . I never thought that I came from the Ojibway tribe somehow, I was only told by my grand-mother that we had different Indian blood line in us (like huron and apache and iroqois and some others I think, and that's why I got curious and started to look into my family tree and find out once and for all which Indian blood line we have, I knew from my Mother's mothers side but still looking into my Fathers side of the blood line as well, very interesting to say the least,
Anyway , I look forward to hearing from you soon , I beleive you mentioned that you have a book written on them???.Anyway have a good day,
your far away little cousin???? Lorraine Ricardo.
By the way , I'm the oldest of seven.

Posted: 17 Jun 2010 4:03AM GMT
Surnames: Pigarouiche or Oupitaouabamoukou or Pataouabanoukone
I too have these names in my family tree. I would love to know more if someone is willing to share. I am excited to know that we are Chippewa / Ojiwe can anyone help me to know more please

re: Marguerite Pigarouche...
Marguerite Oupitaouabamoukou or Pataouabanoukone

Love to hear from anyone on this
aggmurray@gmail.com

Posted: 17 Jun 2010 4:06AM GMT
Surnames: Marguerite Oupitaouabamoukou or Pataouabanoukone
I would love to know more information on this family as they are my distant Grandparents too.
I welcome any info and appreciate hearing from you

Thank you in advance,
Aggie
aggmurray@gmail.com

Posted: 8 Mar 2012 10:26PM GMT
If it's any help to you, Marguerite Pataouabanoukone's full name was Marguerite Oupitaouabamoukou Pataouabanoukone.

She is my 10th Great Grandmother.

Posted: 22 Aug 2012 8:54AM GMT
Surnames: Oupitaouabamoukou
I would LOVE to have a copy of that article as well they were my 9th Great Grandparents. So they were Ojibway? or Metis?? This is blowing my mind how many different native tribes are in my family tree. If youy could could you send it to angelafrye1968@yahoo.com I also have a facebook under that email.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic