Search for content in message boards

satterfield of milton,nc

satterfield of milton,nc

joyce irving (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jul 2005 5:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: satterfield
seeking information on the satterfield family from/in milton,nc..caswell county i am one of the greatgrand children.

Re: satterfield of milton,nc

Posted: 25 Jul 2005 3:55AM GMT
Edited: 2 Apr 2006 2:37AM GMT
Surnames: Satterfield, Jay
Hello,

The Satterfields of Milton were part of those who settled into old Orange County, NC in 1756, and contributed to the formation of Caswell County in 1777. I am a descendant of John Satterfield and Sarah Jay, one of those original settlers. If you can provide some information about your line, I may be able to provide ties to the earlier generations.

Best regards,

John Fox
Winston Salem, NC

gordon satterfield (View posts)
Posted: 5 Aug 2005 4:30PM GMT
HELLO MY NAME IS GORDON SATTERFIELD I WAS BORN IN MILTON

A SON OF JOHN LOUIS SATTERFIELD JR PLEASE WRITE AND I WILL

TRY TO HELP I STILL LIVE IN CASWELL COUNTY ABOUT 10 MILES

FROM MILTON A LOT OF RELATIVES ARE STILL IN MILTON AND

A COUSIN STILL LIVES IN THE OLD PLANTATION HOME

Posted: 7 Aug 2005 2:47PM GMT
Edited: 8 Aug 2005 1:17PM GMT
Surnames: satterfield, thaxton, garland
hello John and Gordon thanks for responding to my inquiry.this is how I am related to the Satterfields.
Clarence Satterfield had two daughters..Mary ella and Martha Thaxton(Gordon I spoke to my aunt Mary Ella yesterday and she knows you)..I am the oldest grandaughter of Martha Thaxton. Clarence was my greatgrand father...Martha had a daughter named Ruth(my mother) who married Andrew Garland.trying to do both sides of the family tree for my children and grandchildren.thanks for any info you can give me.
joyce (garland) irving.

Cheryl (View posts)
Posted: 7 Sep 2005 3:27PM GMT

Hi Joyce,

I believe you are interested in the Garlands from Milton, NC. Unfortunately, the oldest member of my Garland family from Milton, NC passed away this August (Rachel Garland Long). The last time I spoke with her she was mentioning other Garland relatives. She said I had a cousin named Osborne who married Eliza and remembered a few of their children's names: Robert, Jasper, Dorsey & Bettie. I think I saw a message from you on one of the genealogy boards mentioning some of the above names so I thought I would e-mail you. My great/great-grandmother was Fanny Garland (she had 8 or 9 children) and my great/grandmother was Caroline Garland. Perhaps we are related. Good luck in your search.
I am still trying to gather info.

Cheryl

Posted: 8 Sep 2005 12:16PM GMT
Hi cheryl,yes if osborne married eliza(mebane)..the son Jasper then we are related..jasper is my grandfather..he has a son named andrew who married ruth turner..I am the oldest child..will email you privately.
thanks

Posted: 10 Sep 2012 12:02AM GMT
I am interested in any information about a Henry Wilson Satterfield 1920-1943 who marries a Patricia Cheatham. My son-in-law is her grandson. I am researching because I am addicted to family history. Henry , lost in WWII, and Patricia, still living, were married at St Barnabus Church in Long Beach, California.
Any information wouls be appreciated.
Cathy

Posted: 10 Sep 2012 12:03AM GMT
I am interested in any information about a Henry Wilson Satterfield 1920-1943 who marries a Patricia Cheatham. My son-in-law is her grandson. I am researching because I am addicted to family history. Henry , lost in WWII, and Patricia, still living, were married at St Barnabus Church in Long Beach, California.
Any information wouls be appreciated.
Cathy

Posted: 11 Sep 2012 4:25AM GMT
His birth certificate indicates that he was the son of John Lewis Satterfield and Eloise Smith.

Posted: 30 Sep 2013 11:21PM GMT
Surnames: SATTERFIELDS OF NC
Yes! I am desperate to find out something concrete that shows that Gordon G Satterfield (born abt 1823, married Julia Ann Spriggs 12-5-1847, died Jan 21, 1910) is the son of Matthew Satterfield, the son of William, who fought in the Rev War. Matthew had a brother named George Gordon, who we thought was our Gordon's father, but the Satterfield society says he is the son of Matthew. We cannot find anything that shows this - no census because of his birthdate and the way the census just listed males/females, etc until 1850, when he is show living next door to Matthew and Jane.
There is a reference to a Satterfield family Bible. I am wondering if you or someone you know might have it? These Satterfields were from the Orange and Caswell Counties. I believe it began with William (the soldier) and Eunice, his wife? I believe he also was married to a Rachel? I can't find anything on ancestry.
Thank you so much!!! I am trying to also make a family book for my kids for Christmas.
I appreciate any help you can give on the family and their subsequent move to Jefferson and Grainger counties in TN, where I am from.

Thanks for any help!!
My email is lparnold@verizon.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic