Search for content in message boards

Petty of Kansas/Colorado

Petty of Kansas/Colorado

Posted: 2 Apr 2001 6:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 7:12PM GMT
Surnames: Petty
I am looking for information on my Grandfather Wyman and my Great Grandfather Charles Petty. My understanding is that Charles was one of the original founders of Brewster Kansas. He owned the general store and a couple other stores until the depression and extended credit to everyone and was never paid back. Do you have anything on this line of the family? Thank you for anything you may have.

Re: Petty of Kansas/Colorado

Posted: 24 Jun 2001 1:17AM GMT
Surnames: Petty
Hi Vicki,
If you are Vicki Petty, daughter of Norman and Vetha Petty, then I am your aunt Bonnie.

Your Charles David Petty was born 26 July, 1868 in Sumner, Lawrence Co, IL. He married Cora Pearl Martin 22 Dec., 1897 and died 25 July, 1941. He is buried in Eldorado, Butler Co., KS. As far as I know he wasn't ever in Brewster, KS. What makes you think he was?

Posted: 26 Jun 2001 7:13PM GMT
I do believe that you have the wrong Vicki Petty. My father was John Petty and my mother was Ruth Anders-Petty. Sorry, I hope you find your right Vicki.

Posted: 11 Feb 2014 3:21AM GMT
i am robin petty,daughter of garald petty,i am also looking into the family history,your dad was was my uncle john,
per page

Find a board about a specific topic