Search for content in message boards

Harold L. Taylor born 1922 in Montana

Harold L. Taylor born 1922 in Montana

Posted: 6 Aug 2007 9:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Taylor, Glennan, Glennon
Harold L. Taylor was born around 1922 in Montana. He was the second child born of Milton and Christine (Glennan/Glennon)Taylor.

Harold had an older sister, Dorothy, born around 1921 in Montana and a younger sister, Virginia, born around 1929 in Arizona. There appears to be four other children born after Virginia.

I have been trying to follow a line from Christine Glennan, back to her father Joseph and beyond. Joseph Glennan died in 1914 in Gibbonsville, Lemhi Co. Idaho. I would like to know where he came from before arriving in Gibbonsville around 1897. My hope is that someone related to Christine will know about Joseph, maybe, through stories that she passed down.

Re: Harold L. Taylor born 1922 in Montana

Posted: 29 Mar 2008 3:08AM GMT
Surnames: Glennan, Hughes, Jeffrey
Hi my name is Audrey Jeffrey and the Christina and Joseph you are asking about is my Great Great grandparents Joseph came from Mass. and his parents are from Ireland and I know Christina mother is from Denmark. Your Chistina's siblings are Joseph 1890, Patrick 1892, Frank 1894 ( this is my great grandfather, 1st Christina 1897 died 1898 Your Chritina I have 1899, James 1901, and John 1904. and I have her as marring Milton and Joseph and Christina died in Idaho. Also There is a story on them and the last name is also Gelening Joseph charged it at one time and that is were my family is stuck do you have any info on the family if let me know and I will see if anything matches.
my email is Jeffreyjive@sbcgolbal.net

Posted: 30 Mar 2008 12:14AM GMT
Surnames: Glennan, Taylor
Hey Audrey,

It is me, Diane! You have answered my post. Guess you didn't know that I am dng98006!!

It would really be good if we could get an answer from someone who knew Harold and would know more of the story behind Joseph Glennan. Maybe someday!

Posted: 31 Mar 2008 2:27AM GMT
Your funny I got a good laugh

Posted: 17 Feb 2013 7:53AM GMT
Surnames: Glennan, Taylor,
This line is my family. Harold's older sister Dorthy Taylor is my great-grandmother.
If any of you are still around, I have the stories of what happened.

I'm utterly shocked at the number of connections this branch has and I still have not hit the bottom of this particular rabbit hole.

Posted: 18 Feb 2013 2:56PM GMT
Hi merrickk122,

You cannot imagine, after all this time, how pleased I am to get a message from someone who is a descendant of Milton and Christina Taylor. I see that you have also replied to a post from jec98006. She is my daughter, who is no longer with us, and at the time, 2002, we were working together to try and find information on her great grandfather and my husbands grandfather who was Joseph Glennan.

There was so little information on him. The ''family secret'' was only found out by accident, from someone who was not connected to the family at all. We did find him and Christina in the census of 1900 and 1910, but his place of birth was different in each.

The family had lost track of Milton and Christina. No one knew where they had gone....no information, except for a mention of, maybe, they once lived in Arizona. That is how I found them in the 1930 census and posted the note you have read, the one dated 2007.

Our big question was whether the daughter, Christina Glennan, would have known more about her Mother and Father and would have information that she passed on to her family. Maybe she knew where Joseph was born? Would she have known where Joseph and Christina were married?

Any stories you would like to share would be most welcome.

Thank you.........
luckygeez@hotmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic