Search for content in message boards

Minor "Dusty" Rhodes

Minor "Dusty" Rhodes

Posted: 14 Jul 2002 11:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Sep 2006 11:39AM GMT
Surnames: Rhodes, Minor "Dusty" 1909
Trying to find a Minor "Dusty" Rhodes [Rodes] born in 1909 in Texas ended up in Illinois as an adult I believe. He was the son of Robert Arnold Rodes and Roxie Belle Pipkin Rodes. they had 2 other children Hettie and Mary. Robert's first marriage was to Margaret Garton of W. VA. they had 5 children Robert, William "Roy", Ruth, John Wesley, and Sarah. All the children from both marriages were born in the Texarkansas area of Texas or Arkansas. Robert Sr. eventually died in California. Am hitting a brick wall with the family details and can't find living relatives. Any leads appreciated.

Re: Minor "Dusty" Rhodes

Posted: 17 Nov 2002 8:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Oct 2003 7:49PM GMT
I too have a "Dusty" Rhodes. David Harley / Harlan Rhodes was born 4 September 1867 in Grinnell, Iowa. His parents were probably Melvin & Aggie T. Rhodes. A man named Charles Rhodes could have been a grandfather.

He lived in Nebraska for a time. His son C. Jack Rhodes was born there in 1896. They came to Wyoming in 1904. Dusty worked as a contractor of cement and brick work. He homesteaded near Ralston, Wyoming in 1913 and later moved near Powell, Wyoming where he lived the rest of his days.

Dusty married Nora Wiley on 2 July 1893. They had one son and seven daughters. After her death, he married again twice.

He died in April 1945 at age 77 in Powell, Wyoming, and had a brother, George who preceded him in death. He was survived by two sisters; Mrs. Bertha (Rhodes) Northrup and Mrs. Alice (Rhodes) Furier, both of California. His parents also preceded him in death.

Does any of this sound familiar? I look forward to hearing from you. echo00@tctwest.net

Echo
per page

Find a board about a specific topic