Search for content in message boards

Martignoni, Semino, Sinelli, Ratti, Allegrina

Martignoni, Semino, Sinelli, Ratti, Allegrina

Posted: 23 Aug 2012 2:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Martignoni, Semino, Sinelli, Ratti, Allegrina
I am doing research for all of these Italian families from the Detroit, MI area and Ann Arbor, MI. I am trying to find the connection of these families to the Martignoni's and have a few that have married and want to tie more together. All of these families are from North Italy, some from Alexandria and some from Pavia.

Re: Martignoni, Semino, Sinelli, Ratti, Allegrina

Posted: 23 Aug 2012 12:26PM GMT
Edited: 23 Aug 2012 3:46PM GMT
Surnames: Martignoni
I’m not related to any member of this family.
1940 is the last available census at this time.

Census records do not record the specific locality of a person's birth.

You need to supply 1st & last names for each person + the DOB + the birthplace.

1940 - There are NO Martignoni families living in MICH.

Posted: 17 Oct 2012 10:19PM GMT
I have Martignoni brothers from Dambel going into Stambaugh, Michigan.

Posted: 18 Oct 2012 5:55PM GMT
Edited: 19 Oct 2012 1:36PM GMT
Surnames: Ratta, Ratti
Just thinking out loud... I remember seeing the Italian surname RATTA in early Detroit stories and also on at least one document as my 2xs-gr-grandmother's mother's surname. I think that name was also mentioned in a book by Silas Farmer in a section about the early Italians arrival to Detroit.

Would RATTA & RATTI be the same, maybe gender specific?

Posted: 28 Oct 2012 2:14AM GMT
Edited: 28 Oct 2012 1:29PM GMT
Surnames: Ratti, Ratta, Sinelli, Schiappacasse, Martignoni

I'm uncertain of the name spelling of Ratta vs. Ratti. I have read some on the migration of Italians to Detroit, MI and have a little information on the migration to Ann Arbor, MI. I have a Frank Ratti who was born 15 Jun 1868, in Alessandria, Piemonte, Italy who migrated to the US on 01 May 1889. His father was Giacomo Ratti and mother was Cestina (last name unknown). By 1900 he is living in Ann Arbor, MI and is a Confectioner and later owns his own store. It appears, Frank was the first Italian living in Ann Arbor, MI in 1900. Frank married Mary Catherine V. Schiappacasse on 25 Nov 1896 in Ann Arbor, Michigan. I have stories on him from the newspaper about his store and other articles. Seems there is also an Alex Ratti who is either a brother or cousin who is also working with Frank for a period of time in Ann Arbor, MI, but later Alex moves to Battle Creek, MI and it's there he opens up a clothing store, which I believe is still ran by his family.

I'm trying to match up Frank Ratti and Alex Ratti, I don't know if they were brothers or maybe cousins.

Alex Ratti was born 28 Aug 1855 in Musigliano, Alessandria, Piemonte, Italy and marries Louisa Rosa Sinelli. I believe Louisa Rosa Sinelli. This Sinelli family is also related to our Martignoni families. Both from San Ponzo, Pavia, Italy and Dernice, Alessandria, Piedmonte, Italy, and others from another local village named Montacuto.

Attachments:

Posted: 28 Oct 2012 2:30AM GMT
Edited: 28 Oct 2012 1:27PM GMT
What are their names and the dates they arrived? Would love to see the manifest.

I have a couple of relatives for certain that lived in Detroit, MI for a short period of time, then migrated to Ann Arbor, MI.

Giovanni Martignoni and Felice (Felix) Martignoni. Giovanni doesn't stay long, he returns to Italy in 1900. Felix Martignoni later is working for the Michigan Railroad Company and is a Supervisor of many crew men, which he brings over to the US from the Alessandria, Italy region. So far, I'm matching up most of his men as relatives from the villages of Dernice and Montacuto of Gremiasco, Alessandria, Italy.

Posted: 29 Oct 2012 12:03AM GMT
Edited: 29 Oct 2012 1:37PM GMT
Surnames: Martignon, Martignani, Piaz
My grandmother was Virginia Martignoni ( Ellis island spelled it Martignani) who came from Dambel, at that time it was Austria which which was changed to Italy around WW1,May 1907. She was 18yo. She arrived with her brother Ernesto For sure they had a brother named Luigi because at the moment of his arrival on 1911 Ernesto stated he was joining his brother Luigi in Stambaugh - Michigan. Their mother's name was Anna Dal piaz (sp?)I know their were many brothers and sisters: Adolorata and Katerine were two. I found a Louis (Luigi) in Stambaugh census in 1920. He arrived in 1905.I believe Louis moved to San Francisco by 1930. Virginia went to CO and then to Utah. Family lore said we had a visit from a cousin from Michigan when I was a child.

Posted: 6 Mar 2013 12:31PM GMT
Contact me at aa7805@hotmail.com

We may have several common ancestors from Dernice and the surrounding area.

Posted: 7 Mar 2013 2:24AM GMT
Edited: 7 Mar 2013 12:28PM GMT
Surnames: Martignoni, Marginone, Ferrari, Semino, Ratti, Allegrina, Sinelli
Would love to make a connection. I've been connecting many of the Dernice, Italy families, as much as I can without having microfilm available. If you want, write to me at browerfamily@tx.rr.com or feel free to share your surnames. I'm very interested in finding any connections to Martignoni/Margtinone, Ferrari, Semino, Ratti, Allegrina, Sinelli families and many more.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions